Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jordie
Curious May 2019 Ontario

Wedding favours

Jordie, on August 14, 2017 at 09:02 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

I am trying to figure out if wedding favours are needed for the guests. They obviously know we are thankful for them since we invited them to the wedding but do we really need to buy them something to say thank you then send thank you notes as well?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 13:28
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Presentation to our guests.

Wedding favours 1
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have seen SO many wedding favours that get left at the weddings, so we decided that the only way we will do a wedding favour is if it's something edible... still debating on what though!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do not think we will do favors. Our wedding will be super casual and will be missing a lot of other traditional elements anyway. I have never been a fan of them and I am definitely guilty of not taking wedding favors at other weddings. This may sound rude but we are trying to cut costs anywhere we can and with 140 guests I really dont see the need to provide favors. Id rather put the money and effort towards Dinner. If we decide to do favours we will likely do polaroid pictures with magnets on the back. It is my favorite idea from a friends wedding this summer Smiley smile
  • Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not giving wedding favours. I have seen too many left at weddings when everyone goes home. If you really feel the need to do something, you could donate to a charity and let the guests know you donated in their name.

• Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely do favors
  • Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting these. I first heard the idea on greys anatomy and I'm a huge Grey's fan Smiley catface they're simple and hopefully won't be wasted or left behind.

Wedding favours - 1
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Favours are a nice gesture. I don't know if people expect them or not, but they're a fun way to thank people for coming.

We're giving out homemade fudge from a local vendor that's pretty well known. We figured people would like having something that they could eat instead of have to figure out what to do with a trinket they would never use.

My sister gave out coffee and one of my friends did a donation in lieu of a favour, so it's really open ended. My second runner up for a favour was seed paper for either wildflowers or herbs - you can get them on Etsy and have them personalized and they're super cute!

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you aren't interested in doing favours - you could make a donation to a charity that is close to you and your fiance's heart in lieu of an actual favour and just post a sign on the table.. .I'm doing cookies for our favours!

Wedding favours 2

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did wedding favours. Just bout some purple organza bags and put in 3 Ferrero roche chocolates in them with a little thank you tag. Favours aren't necessary but some guests may be expecting them. Also thank you cards, you should definitely be sending out after the wedding because that is you saying thank you for coming and sharing your special day with you and thanking them for gifts or money.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted my wedding to be traditional so I did favours. I didn't go diy but I got jelly beans the colours of my wedding.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think wedding favours are necessary, but they're nice. Some people might expect them. I'm just doing mason jars as their drinking glasses for the night and then they can take them home. I'm also using my instant camera for the guest book and I'll say each guest can take a picture with them as well.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jordie, I'm making apple butter for my guests. I bought these lovely little cards (like gift cards) with pictures of Walter Campbell's wedding scenes on them. I printed up little notes thanking the guests for coming and pasted a note in each card. Then I drew golden leaves and vines around the notes with a metallic marker. These will go on each jar of apple butter.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you notes are usually thanking them for their gift and for attending so they are quite different from favours.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding favours are a nice gesture to your guests. Yes I am sure they know you are thankful for having them in your lives and for sharing your big day but the favours can also serve as a little reminder of the great time they had. We are making a spice rub for our guests and have made little labels for them with our names so that when they use it they will think of us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics