Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Wedding Favours?

Katherine, on April 1, 2018 at 17:48 Posted in Wedding reception 0 42

Wedding favours....Yay or Nay? I'd like to give something to my guests, is this per couple or individual? I have a rustic theme, any ideas? Help!

42 Comments

Latest activity by Marcia, on May 9, 2018 at 11:30
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's totally up to you, I think its nice when you can give your guest a little something to take home. I'm doing it per person, not couple. Haven't decided what I wanted to do, but I think candles that match your colour theme are nice, or rustic glasses with the couples initials on them.

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was thinking something like this for ours, but I'm not 100%. We have a family of gardeners and eco-friendly folks, so I feel like this may be a big win for us. I think I like the match sticks better since it says a little bit more, and it also allows you to plant in lots of places. So adorable! Smiley laugh

Love growsWedding Favours? 1

or

The Perfect MatchWedding Favours? 2

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Etsy has some great stuff or even Amazon, that's where I found mine.

We bought a set: little box for candy, with note and a old looking key bottle opener.

• Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Does anyone have recommendations on any places to go to or shopping online that is Canadian for simple rustic wedding favours?
  • Jason
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Jason ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We struggled with this as well and finally decided on something small and local for everyone that kinda reflects where we are getting married. we found small burlap bags with a small thank you for being here tag that we are filling with coffee beans from a local roastery and with jelly beans for the kids .

• Ema Vargas
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Ema Vargas ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s really up to you if you want to give them to each person or per couple... I am also doing the keys that are on amazon and they have more things also on Etsy there are some cute ideas.. it’s all up to you however favours don’t have to be something extravagant, with a little box with candies you should be fine it’s the thought that counts.
  • Madge
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Madge ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing those keys for mine! They’re bottle openers too so at least they have a purpose lol. I’ll be attaching a thank you tag with some twine. On the other side of the tag I will have the guest’s name on it and have it placed on each plate so it’s a gift favour and a place card. I’m having around 70 ppl and I found these on amazon package of 70 for $40!

Wedding Favours? 3
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a rustic wedding, we’re making wine and setting that out for guests at the reception and have ordered cup cakes in addition to our dessert after supper. I thought about adding in a traditional gift they could take home but we’re also setting out tubs of beverages on us after the ceremony and I think that’s lots now.

Wedding Favours? 4
  • Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a very nice way to look at it. Something small will be appreciated I’m sure. Thanks
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding favours are a token of appreciation to your guests for celebrating your special day. Absolutely it is a yay for me! Now it also doesn't mean breaking the bank account for these gifts. A simple cookie with a thank-you sticker note shows that you put time in effort to show your gratitude to your guests. Not everyone will appreciate it but those that do will be appreciate your efforts Smiley smile

• Lorraine
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Lorraine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing mini succulents. Depending on the price I may do individual
  • Jasslyn
    Beginner September 2019 Alberta
    Jasslyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing little jars of honey and then a cute tag on it like "thanks for making our day sweet" or "meant to bee". My brother and sister-in-law did little s'more packages with a tag that said "sending you s'more love". I also like to jam jar idea with a little tag that would say "spread the love". We are doing individual, having it at each place setting on the tables.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Candle tin measures approximately 1 1/8" h x 2" in diameter is what the website says

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Candace have you ordered yours yet? Just wondering how small they are, tea light size maybe?
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is such a cool idea!!! I love your logo as well!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the custom sticker!! It's so cute!

• Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great ideas!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing little candles with the blue sticker on them. They are cute, cheap, and if people don't take them then we will just have a bunch of candles. And who doesn't love that? Lol
    All the weddings I've been to had favours per individual. We are putting one of ours on each plate for the guests.

Wedding Favours? 5

Wedding Favours? 6
  • D
    Newbie January 2019 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm think an individually wrapped cookie at each plate and a donation. I'll put a label on the cookies letting everyone know that we have made a donation.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing favors. I'll be giving out love bird salt and pepper per couple and for kids we got chocolates to give.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing bookmarks that have some seedpaper on them that you can plant for wild flowers.

BookmarksWedding Favours? 7

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Before I found these I was looking at other identical keys for around 170$ for just 120 of them, so yeah I definitely jumped on it ^_^
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love wedding favours! My uncle makes wine so we will be giving out small wine bottles at the end of the night (since we cannot give before due to venue liquor laws)

For a rustic wedding I love the keys below! Bottle openers are useful which people will appreciate!

I had a friend do a very barn/rustic wedding and her gift was a mason jar filled with popcorn kernels and tied with a nice ribbon! I happen to LOVE popcorn so I really loved this one! (actually ended up getting a few of the extras too haha!)

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might provide favours to each guests. I am going to give Organic Soaps. Something exclusive and beautiful the guests would be using instead of throwing away.

Options of soap. Just sample.Wedding Favours? 8

Another option. Just sample.Wedding Favours? 9

Lots of soap options to choose from. Wedding Favours? 10

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great deal. Love the keys
  • Brenda
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such an awesome idea!
  • Brenda
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are awesome!!
  • Brenda
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have many coming from out of town and they are paying to stay overnight at our venue. We did 2 different favours. Flower seed bombs with confetti herb seed paper and lavender pouches. Spring woodland theme. It is personal preference. We also included cookies and cupcakes and goodies.
    We are including draws for our lantern centerpieces. Giving back.

Wedding Favours? 11

Wedding Favours? 12

Wedding Favours? 13
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing custom drink coasters for my favours, with a logo on them that we had made, along with our names and the date.

This is the prototype that the guy made for me with just the logo:

Wedding Favours? 14

I wanted something practical that people might actually use. I chose coasters because I have a reputation among my friends and family for being the "Coaster Queen" - anything that goes on any surface in my house must have a coaster under it. I've also given most of my family and friends coasters as a gift at one point or another, so it's a bit of a joke now too.

My theme is also rustic, so I think this fits. They'll either be wood (as pictured) or cork. I'm still deciding if I want to give one or two per person, but this will depend on the final price I get.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I absolutely love these

• Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Another thing I’ve seen is donating in place of a wedding favor, had I not decided to do the favors I would have loved to donate to my local animal shelter. Hope this helps ^_^
  • Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing every person. I found an amazing deal online for vintage key bottle openers, I was able to get 150 for 95$ Which is an amazing deal that I just happened upon!

Wedding Favours? 15

Wedding Favours? 16

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics