Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted September 2022 Ontario

Wedding Favour Idea!

Meghan, on July 15, 2022 at 18:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Hey everyone, i've posted on here before about thoughts on no wedding favours. My family didn't take that very well so we are now doing favours but doubling as name seating placements. So I want to share with you all what we are doing incase maybe one of you are stuck on what to do for favours and want to save money!

I specifically got round acrylic pieces that have a small hole at the top to put a ribbon through it like the picture below and i'm going to put their names on the acrylic so they know where they are sitting and then i'm making tags to attach on the ribbon that says "thank you for attending our special day"

Acrylic rounds were super cheap and i'll be using a sharpie paint pen to write their names to save on costs!

Hope this gives someone inspo for their wedding!

Smiley heart

Wedding Favour Idea! 1

Wedding Favour Idea! 2

18 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 18, 2022 at 08:49
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ouch ya, that is a lot of money to be eaten. I have a small wedding and my baker for my cake is invited to the wedding so getting a great deal.

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We were going to do cookies as well but I could fathom spending $500 on cookies just to be eaten lol
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting cookies done with a thank you on them this way whatever is left behind I'll take back with me lol

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a great idea! We wanted to do an edible favour then we booked a photo booth. To get my FH to agree, we compromised and now the guests get to take a photo of them home as a favour instead of leaving one behind
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally makes sense. Really too bad though!! I thought favours were more of a millennial generational thing and that's why it's moving out. Our families didn't even think of it. These will look great!
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a great idea thank you!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We totally agree with you having all of that at your wedding is enough of a thank you. We also have a late night snack open bar cocktail hour food plus dinner and extra desserts, and we tried to explain that to my family and they just thought by us not doing a favour is very disrespectful so now we feel like we have to do a favour and this was the best inexpensive option for us!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks girl! i thought so as well

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right! i thought so too

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh yes definitely the more guests you have the more expensive it'll be. We only have 110 guests

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

❤ these are so cute, all of my signs are in Acrylic. i was looking to have names on these as well but we have 200 guests. when i was looking it was going to be quite pricey for our budget. but nice to see how you did yours

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s such a cute idea!!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd get your MC to announce that the name place cards are for them to take home. It might help some people remember
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think those are a great idea! Smiley heart

• C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For sure! That's why favours are generally regarded as a waste now but when it doubles as your decor and you're okay with them being left behind, I say why not. We didn't do favours per se but we had those and a photobooth. We also felt a 4 course meal and open bar, plus late night food and cake, is enough of a thank you for coming! Guests were not required to pay for themselves in any way.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Candle crystal motive holder by household, couple and individual who attended. Set at the table as guests names were personalised.

Wedding Favour Idea! 3

Wedding Favour Idea! 4

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ughhh this is still what I’m afraid of! I think regardless if they are in your face or not some will still get left behind
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did this too... just an FYI many were left behind (which I didn't care as it wasn't meant as a favour but could obviously take them). Our best friends have them out on their sideboard haha but otherwise who knows. I just loved the look and wanted to make them! Wedding Favour Idea! 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics