Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Wedding Favors: Yea or Nay?

Lynnie, on November 12, 2018 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 24

Final question!! Are you giving all of your guests a favor to take home? Or does the food, booze, and festivities cover it for you?

Wedding Favors: Yea or Nay? 1

Photo by Day By Knight Events in Kelowna, BC

beautiful-summer-elora-mill-wedding-phot

Photo from Logie Paperie in Cambridge, ON

Thanks for weighing and telling us which wedding traditions made the cut!! If you missed any questions, you can start from the beginning here: Yea or Nay?

On a roll? Make sure you didn't miss Totally chic or too much?, Would you rather? Round three, and Most likely to... parts one and two !

24 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on December 10, 2018 at 10:30
  • Samantha
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes ! Candles with scents chosen by us
  • K
    Newbie October 2021 New Brunswick
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Favors Wedding Favors: Yea or Nay? 2

We didn't really want to do favors but figured we should. But we came across skeleton key bottle openers on amazon for a good price so picked them up. well priced, cute and simple.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BRHNZM3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! we will have custom loose leaf teas!
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yea. We tried to give out something that our guests would actually be more likely to use. I love the idea of consumables, honey, jam, etc. We made our own infused olive oils.

• Jenn
    Frequent user March 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! It is a nice gesture to thank your guests for coming. Even just a small item of appreciation is always nice!!

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally, I don’t think favours are worth it unless they are homemade or personalized to the couple. My FH and I will be making a donation to a charity of our choice, likely to a Cancer foundation because my mom passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in 2016. We will be writing a few words to explain this to our guests somehow in the wedding stationary.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay, we were prepared to skip this but it was important to my mom so she will be making them.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We gave favours to our guests. Not edible and something small to use at throughout the year.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes for sure. I am doing DIY favours, we're giving individual hot chocolate cones. They will be tied with ribbons in our wedding colours, with personalized thank you stickers that have our initials and wedding date. Goes with our winter wedding theme.

Hot ChocolateWedding Favors: Yea or Nay? 3

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% YES! It's definitely something that we're having for our guests Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay! We're giving out bottle openers to each couple/household (a few have children) and candy favours/bar - my mom recently pitched the idea of having a candy bar and I'm still weighing the options!

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess it's sort of a yay but not in the traditional sense ... we will be making a donation in lieu of favours.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep!! Homemade wine! We actually just finished making our 240 bottles of wine just have to do the labels!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We gave our centrepieces away as the favour
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so on the fence with favours ...I don’t personally want to do them but my mom and FH insist it’s a must. I want to do something edible if we are going to do them. Still looking around for ideas though!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, my fiancé and I will be doing wedding favours in the form of something edible!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't really want to, but I think it's expected among our circle. We decided on mini-succulents (I know, I know... hipster nonsense... but so pretty).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. We will be doing either M&M's, or some candy/chocolate in boxes. Something edible that people won't throw out

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, we’ll be giving favours. Squish candies packaged into red and gold boxes! Smiley smile
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope!
    Stats (and our coordinator) say favours are a waste of time/money.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not in the traditional sense. We won't be giving trinkets or anything, but giving our guests a drink ticket for cocktail hour.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sort of. putting some Hershey hugs and kisses in a lil bag. then doing a donation to a charity in our guests honour.

over the years I have thrown out or never used most of the favours. to me they are not worth the expense.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're likely doing chocolate bars with a custom wrapping for our favours. We do want to give our guests something as a thank you and we figured that our guests would actually "use" a food item and would eat it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure giving favours! It's a must (IMO)! I'm sure if you had an extravagant of a wedding you could skip out but even then, if you are going all out - then why stop when you get to the favours?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics