Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Yuki
Newbie June 2022 British Columbia

Wedding Favors and Reception

Yuki, on February 14, 2022 at 18:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
I’m looking at the budget as I’m trying to see what I’ll need but what is a wedding favor is it a gift and what is given

Also do I have to do a reception or can I just take everyone for dinner Honestly i just want something really simple like 7 people all together including me and my fiancé But I’m also wanting a cake and do I pay for the dinner or does everyone pay separately
As for decoration at the ceremony venue should I budget for decorations for that and for equipment rental for music
I just overall am not sure how it all goes I just want my wedding in a pretty park with maybe a simple arch thing and a fabric line on the ground for me to walk on

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 21, 2022 at 15:04
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did favours as actual crystal motive tealight holder. Not all weddings do give favours based on the couple. Alternative favours are edible treats or donations to you choice of charity you support.

For a small intimate wedding of 7 total for your day, you can have a simple ceremony as far as a arch being simple. Dinner out is enough if you feel you want to pay for them all or let them pay for their own meals. The parents may offer to pay if anything since its your day and they want to do something for you.

• Nicole
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been to a few weddings where the bride and groom as part of their speech have said they have given a donation to their favourite charity instead of giving favours and I really liked that so I think we're going to do something similar. I've been to quite a few weddings where people don't even take their favours home and it feels like a waste. That being said, I've also loved some of the favours I've been given as a guest at weddings. I think it just comes down to personal preference Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anything that you need to pay money for needs to go in a budget. If you want decor and need to spend money on it, it needs to go in the budget. If you happen to have stuff that you can repurpose into decor and not need to spend additional money, then it doesn't need to go in the budget. Same goes with any equipment.

Parks typically require a permit for weddings so that will be a line in the budget.

Since you are the host, you should pay for the meal of all your guests at the wedding, no matter how formal or informal. You can budget accordingly based on how much you want to splurge (ie upscale meal vs something more casual), choosing fixe prix/pre-set vs giving guests full range of the menu, deciding # of drinks per person etc. Pretty much every restaurant allows you to bring in a special occasion cake.

A favour is optional and it could be as simple as a photo from the wedding (ie a Polaroid that can be developed instantly) to a small gift you want to give each guest. We gave a bottle of homemade beer to each guest.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have opted out to give out wedding favors. You don't have to do this if you really don't want to.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what I would do!
  • Yuki
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Yuki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much this was all helpful how would I work it out with the restraint would I just call to reserve the table and tell them it is for a wedding party
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A favour is a small gift given to all your guests but they are totally optional.
    You could definitely just take everyone to dinner. I'd recommend you pay for everyone as it is typically expected that the couple/family covers cost of the meal but you could have a discussion with all the guests and see what they are comfortable with. Some restaurants will let you bring your own cake so you may still be able to do that!
    I would add some money for ceremony decorations it will help elevate the ceremony and look really good in pictures. I wouldn't worry too much about sound equipment for the ceremony if there will only be like 5 guests. If anyone has a decent Bluetooth speaker that will probably work okay.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics