Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2022 Alberta

Wedding favors

Blacklight, on January 20, 2022 at 07:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20
Question. For wedding favors. What did people find was a cheaper route. And did everyone get the same wedding favor. Or did you do personalized ones for the wedding party and simple ones for guests. I'm trying to save on money. So any diy ideas or anything will be helpful

20 Comments

Latest activity by Alyssa, on January 30, 2022 at 20:39
  • Alyssa
    Newbie October 2022 British Columbia
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are having around 75 people max. It’s mostly just family with a couple really close friends that basically family ❤️
  • Gwen
    Beginner August 2022 Alberta
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is such a great idea! I'm guessing your guestlist isn't too big?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My brother had wines made for his wedding back in 2000 as we chose crystal tealight votive as favours for guests with Thank you cards.

You can make it simple going for chocolates or seeds that don't cost much and have your guests appreciate something to plant or eat if that route works for you. Donations to a charity you are affiliated to have guests give the amount they wish under name and as a gift is nice to know they are giving back to something you support family member(s).

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did wedding cookies. Also, we had seating/name tags created to assisting with seating, also we considered favours too, it’s something they took from our wedding. Haha

This was our cookie and my seating/name tag.https://pin.it/5erveop And our seating/name tags for guests https://pin.it/23iMiev
  • B
    Blacklight ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is very good point
  • Farrah
    Curious April 2023 British Columbia
    Farrah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am skipping favours. I've coordinated one too many a wedding in the past where they get left behind and all I see is dollar signs!! If you want to do favours, I'd go to the edible route - ex: cookies which can be cost effective! They are more likely to be taken home and consumed than something that says "John & Jane's Wedding 12.14.2014" I have a photobooth open during the reception so I'm considering those "favours" as guests can take the print outs home Smiley smile

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Search "favors" (for some reason American spelling has more) in the community. There's been alot of posts on this just this month with many responses. They are absolutely not necessary. Your money is better spent on bettering your guests experience at your wedding (which in some cases can be considered a favor) rather than something that will get left behind or donated later.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The person we’re going with has four different packages, I can’t remember the exact numbers for each but we’re deciding between the $500 and $700 ones works out to about $6.60-$9.33 per person I don’t know if she services where you are but we’re using Sarah Draws a Crowd if you want to look further into it!! Smiley smile
  • B
    Blacklight ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Does that cost alot to do. Cause that pretty cool idea
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting a caricature to come in and draw people as our wedding favours! We thought it was super fun and different
  • B
    Blacklight ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good view point.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are opting out for favors. Half of the time guests forget to take them home and that's money wasted in my eyes. That money could be used for something else.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are skipping favours for guests. I can't even remember a single favour I've ever been given as a guest so I don't think it's worth it.
  • B
    Blacklight ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will look into that. That is a very cool idea.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Find a store that does home brewing kits. Some stores will do the work for you for an extra charge if you don't want to do it yourself or get equipment (that's what we did). You can also look into homemade wine, which costs a bit more (depending on the type of wine and size of the bottle, it can come to $4-7 per bottle). And places that do beer will likely also do cider.

The labels you just print anywhere and stick them on yourself.

• B
    Blacklight ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so cool. How do you go about doing something like that
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We brewed our own beer for our guests. It was around $2 per bottle.

Wedding favors 1

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You can do anything for them. If you find something pretty like a necklace or bracelet that will be nice for them to wear wedding day. For the guys you can get tie clips or something. It can definitely be as cost efficient or as expensive as you are able to go. Some people get the mugs or wine glasses with the wedding parties name on them.
  • B
    Blacklight ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes me feel a bit better and don't feel so pressured on that part. And I like the idea for the perfume thing. I have a maid of honor and two bridesmaids. So I'll personalize for the bridal party and go simple and save for the guests.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our wedding party we got them the perfume sampler where they get 8-10 samples with a coupon to buy a regular size bottle of whichever is their favourite. We only have a best man and maid of honour though. I actually used my points and ended up paying for one and getting one free. For our guests we are going to have a candy bar. If you don't want the expense of that I would get little boxes and maybe put two lindt chocolates in each box. You can get the chocolates on sale if you have a lindt store around for around $45 for 150 of them. All that being said there are a lot of people who are just not going to bother getting favours at all. Some will make a donation to a charity if you really want. I dont think most guests now care if there is a favour or not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics