Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosalyn
Devoted August 2018 Alberta

Wedding etiquette

Rosalyn, on January 16, 2018 at 23:12 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13
What are the rules with feeding your wedding staff? . I’m having a SUPER small wedding in Canmore, the venue only holds 48 people. I have hit the max (stress!) I have included my photographers, but recently decided that I want to hire a coordinator for the day of. Do I need to feed them too? I’m so confused about the do’s and don’ts of weddings.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 18, 2018 at 12:04
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When ypu book a vendor, in their contract is based a meal is provided by you. I had meals for 2 photographers, DJ and videographer. I was charged and only provided main courses instead of the sit down meal.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well then you can ask the DOC if she is staying for dinner. And tailor it based on her response.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Typically if someone is present for majority of the days events or even just majority of the dinner then they are fed, it's just a nice thing to do for them but there isn't a specific rule that they have to be
  • R
    Newbie August 2018 Prince Edward Island
    Ryan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Emily Post' s book on wedding etiquette says that it is expected that you provide them dinner, but that it does not need to be the same as is provided the guests. As to where they eat, I suppose it could be in the kitchen or they could be provided something which can be eaten while standing.
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m definitely wanting to feed them, I just wasn’t sure how it all worked with the coordinator since she won’t be there the full evening (just leading up to the reception!)
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most venues will have a vendor meal cost as drinks aren't included.

I know some vendors won't want to sit at a guest table, but might eat in an out of the way spot. Talk to your venue about where vendors will typically eat.. this is something they should have experience with.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should definitely feed those who are helping out with the wedding! Our photographer actually put it in their contract that we either provide them a meal or they will take 45 minutes to go out and grab supper. They included it because they had weddings where they were not fed. The venue should abide by the number that they gave you when you signed the contract. If it is a lower number now, they still have to accept the number you were given.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Any vendor who is there for the day should get a meal. Plus you don't want your DOC needing to leave your event because she's hungry! Smiley smile She should be with you all day!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Luckily for me I am able to have an extra table for them to sit down and eat. Maybe explain the situation to your venue, just tell them that this table is not for guests it is for your coordinator and photographer etc. They should understand and hopefully not make it more difficult than it has to be.
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely want to offer it. The venue is being difficult and has now adjusted the amount of people lower than what we were originally told. Some said that you can have a separate table? I was just going to put them with our friends table.
    The venue is the only thing stressing me out right now!
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I intend to offer them the choice to a meal, especially if they are working the full day with pretty much no break! I don't believe it is necessary but personally I'd say it should be, a few extra plates won't hurt the budget. Also have water available for them at anytime, especially hot summer weddings. I think the people you hire will greatly appreciate this gesture!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics