Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Super September 2017 New Brunswick

Wedding dress temptation

Katherine, on May 20, 2017 at 14:02 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
I bought my dress months ago since it was on sale and the dress I wanted was too expensive... I have grown to love it but recently the first dress I wanted has shown up on a second hand site reasonably priced... I am absolutely torn... The dress I own is the taffeta (in blush).

Wedding dress temptation - 1

Wedding dress temptation - 2

8 Comments

Latest activity by Melinda, on May 31, 2017 at 15:47
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can relate to this because after I bought my dress I struggled for a while with second thoughts about it. Mostly because it wasn't anything close to what I pictured for myself and I kept comparing my actual dress (form-fitted) to my original dream dress (super loose and flowy). It was really hard to let go of the ideal dress, even though I tried on dresses in that style and hated them. But I stopped comparing my dress to other dresses and stopped looking at dresses online completely for a while. Now I absolutely love my dress. I feel amazing when I wear it (I should put it on again soon!) and I cannot wait to see my FH's face when he sees me!!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You will be absolutely beautiful in it. They are usually designed to be let out so I am sure the seam marks won't be noticeable once they steam it out!

• Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually realllly love the first dress Smiley love But it's all about how you feel! Like you said, you have the option now if you go back for your fitting and aren't in love with it.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since I'm practical, decided go with the one I got... Will reschedule fitting for early next month and if I can't live with the seam marks from it being let out the lace option is there.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What did you decide to do? They're both so pretty!
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Katherine, Oh I love them both! You must follow your heart. Let me know what you choose at the end. How is the rest going? You already find your wedding shoes? Smiley flower

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love love love the Casablanca Bridal gown in the first photo! The one in the second photo is nice but typical bridal. But you have to do what your heart tells you! Either one I'm sure you will look stunning!
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like them both! I bought 2 dresses and decided the very first dress I tried on at a bridal show and I loved it but wasnt sure and then had an appt and tried on about 8 others. I chose one and looked at the pics over and over and wasn't feeling it. So I crossed my fingers and called the seller from the show and they still had the dress. It's very similar to the 2nd one you posted.My daughter tried the other one on and it fit her perfectly...must have been a reason. So I'm saving it.Do what your heart tells you...Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics