Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Simone
Master August 2017 Manitoba

Wedding dress shopping review

Simone, on October 15, 2016 at 23:50 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 4
Hello everyone,
Today was the day I went wedding shopping. My mother, grandmother and maid of honor who is my sister-in-law joined. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances my future mother could not attend but asked me to take pictures of all the dresses. We went to a bridal shop and the lady was so nice, she reminded my of Lori of "Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta". She was super nice, explain the details of the dresses I put on and took the time to explain her zero tolerance policy on body shaming and being outright rude. The group was awesome and I had no worries as they are super supportive and go into the experience . I really wanted to posts the photos of the dress tried on but the lady requested that I not posted them on social media as she has had identity theft and people steal her design. I want respect her wishes. I am down to three dresses that I like and they are all ballroom-princess dresses with long trains and beautiful details. I like the my group were given signs that said "Yes" or "No" to the dresses. I tried on at least 20 dresses and out that, three I said a no along with the group. Mom and including my Granmother's along with the MOH were amazing to see. I rate my overall experience a 10 out of 10. Either next moth or December I will book another appointment to try on the three dresses and hope to pick one with the tiara I ordered and wear this on my wedding day!Smiley smile

4 Comments

Latest activity by Simone, on October 17, 2016 at 08:42
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much Maly!Smiley smile
  • Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Emilie, thank you so much! I can say that did go into a different style of dress as I felt more drawn to the ball gown and it complimented the whole feel of our wedding. I wanted to get some gold beading or prints in the detail to compliment the theme color of the day. The bridal store is a small business, friendly service and the owner does not pressure anyone to buy their gown right away. The nice part about this shop it's that you get one-one attention and there is no rush. She mentioned that she designs them and she has had identity theft as a result of someone posting them online. I look forward to choosing the dress and I will let you know of the choice I made. Smiley smile
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Simone Smiley heart I'm so glad you had such a great experience at the bridal store!!

I love what the lady told you at the bridal store about her zero tolerance on body shaming. I think that's a wonderful attitude!! Right on! Smiley winking

It's too bad she didn't want you to post any picture, but from what you're describing they really do look amazing! I just had a look at your discussion: Wedding dress choices

I really like both of them! I think the style looks somewhat like the first ones you posted in the community, between a-line and ball gown. Do you feel like you went for a different style than what you originally expected?

What kind of bridal store is it? Does she design all the wedding dresses herself? Is it a big company?

Can't wait to hear all about it and see which dress you'll choose in December! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics