Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carissa
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Wedding dress shopping during covid

Carissa, on December 31, 2020 at 12:43 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

Anyone else trying to figure out how to make it work? Currently my province is in lockdown and we just booked our vendor and our wedding is in 9 months. So I'm starting to stress a bit about finding a dress since I had hoped be able to do that in January.

Any advice? Tips?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Nicole, on January 4, 2021 at 15:06
  • Nicole
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sash & Bustle in Toronto is doing virtual appointments as well where you can pick 5 dresses to try on at home. I just had my virtual appointment and at home try on appointments, and it was actually a lot of fun and went really smoothly! I was skeptical if I would actually find something this way, but the consultants really work with you to narrow down what you like and I ended up finding my dress. Not sure if this is closer to you, but it might be worth the travel time! Feel free to message me if you want any more details!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Even without trying dresses on, I would try to find out what the time frame is for getting a new dress made and see if it works with your wedding date. With the way the numbers are, I have a feeling most retail measures won't be lifted in January and if that's the case, and a dress needs more time, you might have to go an off-the-rack option.

Good luck!

• Carissa
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Carissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah our province has this rules too before everything was put into lockdown. As far as we know it is at least until January 23rd, longer if necessary. I’m hoping to order a new dress and definitely am one of those “I need to try several on to be sure people” so I’m hoping I’ll still have enough time when they open
  • Carissa
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Carissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh really?! I don’t think I live close enough to them to do that. That would be so nice.
  • Carissa
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Carissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m looking to get a brand new dress made ideally. I’ve only gone in store once before and I didn’t really find anything. I also thought my wedding was going to be in December but a September date opened up so my dress vision changed a bit. Feels like starting from scratch.
    Thanks I will contact the stores. I’m already on a wait list for one Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you looking at getting a brand new one made or buying off the rack? Even with lockdown measures sticking around for a while, it shouldn't be a problem to find a dress off the rack. If you're looking to getting one made for you, I would contact the various stores to see what they suggest.

• Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Gown in Newmarket has a great system in place. You have a virtual appointment first to look at dresses and pick your top five. Then they bring those 5 to your house and you can try them on!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know in my province a few different businesses had different rules. Some allowed 2 people to come with, some would let you have more as long as you were the only bride in the building.

I would call or email a few bridal stores and see what can be done as soon as stores reopen. It might be easier to plan to book a workday off so you don't need to try to go on a busy weekend. You could also try to find a second hand dress on facebook marketplace or Kijiji. A lot of people changed their wedding plans so a lot of dresses for sale were never worn or worn for a very short time. Online stores like Lulu's and Azazie would also be good to check out, in my experience Lulu's look about 4 weeks to ship from the states during covid.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics