Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alysha
Curious August 2017 British Columbia

Wedding dress shapewear

Alysha, on January 18, 2017 at 17:49 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14
Is anyone else considering wearing shapewear under their wedding dress? I have no experience with shapewear, but I'm thinking it would be nice to have when trying on dresses after gaining some pounds over the holidays. Does anyone have suggestions on the style of shapewear I should be looking for? I would like to smooth my stomach area mostly. Thank you in advanced!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on January 24, 2017 at 13:26
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally agree! This is exactly why I decided not to go with shapewear. I brough a pair of the ones that go from your knees to your bra line to my appointment. Thi style does an excellent job of smoothing all the lumps and bumps out BUT the dress I picked is super cinched down past my hips and I would basically have to take it off to go to the washroom. NO thank you! Plus I don't think I really need it with my dress, the dress does a great job of smoothing out my lumps and bumps on it's own.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will not be wearing anything under my dress... My dress has alot of ruching and boning, so shapewear is not necessary... I don't even need to wear a bra with it
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am contemplating wether or not I want to invest and wear shapewear with my dress, I am waiting to see once alterations and everything are done how I feel in my dress to decide if I want a little extra tummy control

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out the new Stella York collection. I tried this dress , clearly a much larger size than you would need be but the shape and back of the dress is so romantic! PS : The dress is supposed to close! Lol it's so beautiful on and so romantic! I think the style #is 6405

Wedding dress shapewear 1

Wedding dress shapewear - 1
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I own shapewear, but I decided I wanted to wear a dress that would flatter me as is! There are so many kinds and they are altered to you... when does that ever happen?!?!? I figured I'd be in this dress for a MINIMUM of 10 hours and it would be hard enough to do things like use the bathroom... I didn't want to complicate that process! HAHA

Plus if you're going for a-line you will barely notice the difference anyways

• Alysha
    Alysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh snap, thanks for the tip!! I tried on mostly A-line tulle/lace dresses. I'm going for a romantic look Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh and you have to be careful trying on dresses made of crepe! It's a stunning material but it's not forgiving! It will show everything ! What type of dresses did you try? So exciting!!!!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be looking at getting proper shape wear that does not bulge or roll down when wearing my dress. Possibly choice might be spandex shorts or something that fits the waist.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's completely natural so don't worry about it! (And the sample sizes are always so small!) You have a lot of time before your wedding so your body will fluctuate. You probably don't have to worry about shapewear until you have a dress picked out. But congrats on your first dress appointment! That's exciting!

• Alysha
    Alysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried on some dresses for the first time yesterday!! I found a couple that I like, however I hate to say it but the whole "gaining a few pounds over the holidays" kind of threw me off.
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No problem! Have you found your dress like or do you know what type of style you want?

• Alysha
    Alysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That makes sense! Thanks for the input Smiley smile
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore spanx shorts underneath my dress because mine was form fitting and I wanted to make sure it was smooth in the front. They weren't super tummy tuck shorts so I wasn't uncomfortable all night. I think it depends on your dress. I usually have a problem with spanx rolling down my stomach underneath the dress when I wear them under my regular dresses but since the wedding dress was tighter, it stayed in place.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What I can tell you is I've purchased some in the past and haven't found them to be that great! My rule of thumb is this, if you wear something as it is and it doesn't look right, then you shouldn't be wearing it. Lol My gown is really comfortable and I don't have any shapewear! And believe me I've got stuff to hide! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics