Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2021 Manitoba

Wedding Dress Issues

Carol, on March 7, 2021 at 08:16 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19

Hi brides and wedding wire, my wedding is in a month and the store where I ordered my dress insisted that they should not do my dress fitting in January. The store insisted it was too soon an that they will do the fitting in early March. I got there 2 days ago like they said and the store had ordered the wrong dress (4-5 sizes too big) They then pulled another dress size off their rack and claimed it was just a mistake in bagging the dress, but that dress still was not my size (3 sizes too big). They then proceeded to tell me that the reason the dress did not fit was because my body proportions are all wrong. Nearly in tears, I told them That this was not the right dress. The MOB had a good conversation with them after which they agreed to get in a new dress. They can’t guarantee when the new dress will come in. They first said it would be in a week, but then they said they can’t book me for a fitting until 2 weeks, and that alterations would take them a week after that. Which means I won’t have a dress till a week before my wedding. You know if things go as they even planned. I am so very stressed and don’t know what to do. I think I should start shopping for a backup dress off the rack potentially? I am worried this store is disorganized and well mess this up again! Any ideas?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on March 10, 2021 at 17:25
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm glad you're able to get your money back! I hope you find the dress of your dreams! Good Luck Smiley heart

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm glad you don't have to deal with them anymore!
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay!! I’m so sorry you aren’t getting your first choice ♥️ I hope you find a beautiful dress!
  • C
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So after so much stressing and calling and trying to get the store to give me a guarantee to have a dress in a specific time frame, the store would not guarantee . But thankfully I have been able to get my money back. Honestly I was sick of stressing about it so I am glad the store finally decided to give me a full refund. So I am now going dress shopping to find a dress of the rack at various stores, also looking at Facebook to see if I find anything there. Thanks all for the suggestions.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh that is absolutely awful. Yes I think it would be smart to have a backup dress just in case.

Do you have the name of the dress you have coming? I am wondering if it could possibly be on the rack of another bridal store. If you could possibly find it, then maybe you’d be able to get a full refund from this dress shop?
    I can’t even imagine how stressful that will be getting it a week beforehand 🤮 I really hope everything works out for you and that they pull through. But I definitely think a backup would be smart. Maybe from Facebook?
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's outrageous that they said that to you instead of just correcting the mistake! I would likely be looking into getting a full refund and going elsewhere. It sounds like they have no idea what they are doing. Good luck!
  • C
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for the ideas and thoughts. Will let you know how it ends up playing out.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This store doesn't sound promising on its word neither to work to your guaranteed time of arrival for alterations to get done in time. A full refund should be given if your not satisfied and get a dress if you need from another store or rental if it works for you as you may find the cost to be lower. The staff and manager of the bridal store should understand your situation and to work towards getting you a dress that fits and your style if not the original dress will be in the time frame set of your date.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm crossing my fingers for you everything works out Smiley heart

• C
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I told the store I want my dress on time and if not I need 100% refund. Their response is it should be no issue. I have also asked that they do better than 3 weeks turn around. They haven’t made me any guarantees so I will call again midweek and see. The dress is supposedly shipped and should be here soon. I am hoping it’s early.
  • C
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Amelia. I hadn’t thought about Facebook market place for a back up dress. I will look into that.
    I am shopping for a seamstress to do the alterations, if my dress comes in on time as well for sure.
    Thanks for the ideas.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this. This would be my worst nightmare.

I would ask them if you don't get your dress in time, if you could get a refund on your dress. This is definitely the stores fault 100%. In the mean time, I would see if you could find another dress off the rack (maybe not at that store) just in case your 1st dress doesn't come in time

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh this sounds horrible! I'm so sorry you're dealing with this at all, let alone so close to your big day. Please keep us all posted on how this works out!

I would ask the store if you can get a full refund if the dress doesn't arrive in the timeline they promised, and start looking for a backup. If your dress does arrive on time I would ask someone else to do the alterations (since it sounds like this store isn't super organized), so maybe start shopping for a seamstress while you look for an emergency dress. Facebook marketplace is a great place to look because a lot of brides have downsized weddings and are looking to sell barely worn or never worn dresses.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry! Make sure you keep your receipt from when you first purchased the dress so you have proof of what you should have received. It should hopefully have the size on it. Since they messed up they should 100% not hold you to paying for it if they're not able to get your correct dress in time. A backup dress is definitely a good idea but hopefully everything works out and they receive the correct dress in time.

• C
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea. I will start looking into that.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Before being a backup dress, make sure you can get a full refund on this one.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg!! I cant believe they did that!! If you have a bad gut feeling definitely get a backup dress!!
  • C
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Linda, yeah I am basically living in my worst night mare! Thanks for the thought, I like the idea of a backup dress because I just have this unsettling feeling they will make a mess and not have the dress here in time.
  • L
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. This would be my worst nightmare. If I were in your position I would get a back up dress for my own sanity.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics