Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kara
Frequent user June 2022 Ontario

Wedding Dress Dilemma- Part 2

Kara, on March 25, 2022 at 22:57 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
So- after all the drama of the dress not arriving for the last few weeks…. It arrived. Was supposed to be called on Wednesday when it arrived, but I wasn’t notified until today. I immediately went down to the shop within the hour to try it on. Long story short- it’s not my dress I ordered AND it’s approx 2-3 sizes too small.

I told the associate that it didn’t feel or look right. I was met with a blank stare. The dress did not zip up, and when I realized something was up, I asked her how this was possible, considering I lost 2 inches from both waist and hips and am 10lbs lighter than when it was ordered. She stated “I don’t know we will have to talk to the owner and the seamstress”. Both of whom were not there. I also commented that the 126 buttons I ordered to be sewn on were bigger and already attached????? She said “ya isn’t that nice?” Um. No. Not really.
I immediately sent pics to my mom and BM, and they both responded with “that’s not your dress”. I compared my receipt to the dress tag- it is from a different collection than what I ordered- and the sizing card and tag have been removed from the dress.
I was pretty much ignored and left to get myself out of the dress and leave. I was walked to the door with a “the owner can call you soon”. Wtf…
I Called the store when I got home (no answer shocking) and left a message for the owner that I know the dress is incorrect and the wrong size and I expect a call tomorrow. I am now 83 days out. Manufacturer cannot rush in this timeframe. I contacted them.
What on earth do I do about this??????? All ive done is cry all day.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jenny, on March 28, 2022 at 17:46
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed, I'd honestly look into legal action too if they didn't offer me a full refund on the spot. Absolutely shameful service and atrocious attitudes all around.

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am flabbergasted by how little this business seems to care about people and their hard-earned money - let alone the fact this is a huge day in one's life, and the experience of finding your dress is something you are supposed to remember as a positive thing.

I know you are in Hamilton, but are you willing to travel a bit to check out a different salon and have a better experience?

What designers do you find yourself drawn to?

The salon I found my dress was amazing, plus I have a girl friend who has her own salon...and both salons I went to looking for a reception dress (both are off the rack, one of which is styles basically 3 years or newer and $1000 or less) were really nice too... I can share names if interested!... They are all 1hr30 ish or less from Hamilton

• Lindsay
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly it’s best to get a refund and not come back cause of their awful service. You don’t need to deal with this stress specially with your wedding being so close.
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I will be on Monday.
    The owner couldn’t help me because she wasn’t in the store- she called from home the following day. So she will see the difference in receipt. Which I’m quite sure they already knew anyways….I think they’re just trying to pull a fast one on me hoping I didn’t notice. However….once Monday comes- I will just be flat out demanding my money back and For them to pay for my alterations that I now have to do to a sample dress.
    Unbelievable really. 2 stores, 2 unbelievably horrible experiences. I really am shocked. I thought bridal stores were supposed to be amazing.
  • Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well that’s the plan.
    Unfortunately, the owner was not there when I went to try on, and the associate was dealing with someone else (a large family buying flower girl dresses) I felt it was useless to demand of this associate because frankly she is rude and wouldn’t acknowledge anything I was saying- so- it was a waste of time. The owner called Saturday morning from her home- and is not back in store til Monday. But she truly didn’t sound bothered- and reading the Google reviews this isn’t a new situation. So Monday morning- will be exactly that- demanding my refund. I called all retailers in Canada and 5 in the US- no one has this dress- so frankly there’s no way to fix it but to refund me. Let’s hope they do the right thing 😞
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would be demanding a full refund! This is so unacceptable. You have the receipt of which dress you paid for and they know they screwed up and just trying to run you around is not ok!!!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly. The store messed up, you should be demanding a full refund. If you have your invoice with the size and designer and style your dress is supposed to be and they are trying to put you in a different dress, they obviously know they messed up. BIG TIME. The invoice you signed to purchase is a contract. And you paid money for it. They did not hold up their end of the deal, go get your money back. I would be at the store every god damn day demanding I get my money back. And writing reviews every where. Make a post on Facebook, instagram, TikTok, you name it. Make sure you also tag the place too so they know what you’re doing.

• Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. This has honestly been the worst 2 weeks.
    I’m truly hoping to- but my dress is paid in full… and this is already my second dress.. so I can’t really afford to just cut them loose yet. I need a solution. I’m hoping I can just ask for a refund on Monday and hopefully find a retailer that has sample sizes in my size. I’ve honestly stewed over this for the last 2 days. I’m so emotionally exhausted.
    I cannot believe it. It’s unwearable. So. Hoping Monday they come to their senses and just let me go with a refund, and offer to pay for my alterations elsewhere.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

THEY GAVE YOU THE WRONG DRESS?????

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this right before your wedding.

I think you might have to cut ties with this bridal store and go find another one that will actually care about you. I know that doesn't sounds great but they just keep on giving you the run around.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics