Skip to main content
Laura
Devoted June 2022 Ontario

Wedding Dress Booking

Laura, on May 10, 2020 at 14:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14
Saved

How far in advance did you book your wedding dress consultation? I'm planning to go September/October, and I assume with these closures there will be a backlog of brides wanting to get in. Should I be booking now or can I wait to coordinate an appointment?

I want to do the Kleinfeld thing so I assume that's in demand, and then check out a few other boutiques.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 15:07
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute

I would suggest making an apt for later on this year that way youre secured

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much! I’m just so pumped to be able to get out and find a dress, I want to book now! Haha
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute

I booked at David's Bridal last June for my end of September appointment. I definitely didn't need too book that far in advance I just did it when I decided I wanted to start dress shopping on my birthday haha

I'll say it was very busy on the day that I was shopping so it was hard to look at dresses in the showroom myself (let alone with anyone I brought with me) if you have the luxury of shopping on a weekday instead of a sunday like I did I'm sure it would be easier for you to get an appointment

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute

I went looking for my dress (and got married) before Covid-19, but some dresses can take a year or longer to order, so I went about a year before the wedding date. My dress ended up taking 4 months to get in... and when it arrived it had a tear on it from the beading pulling at the fabric Smiley sad

So then they had to reorder it on rush, which took another 3 months to get in...

All in all, considering that Covid-19 is now delaying some things - I would book an appointment for as soon as you can just to be safe. But if you are sure you want to wait until the fall, then I would say it's best to book it in advance if they allow it just to be on the safe side.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute

I would say to book now that way you have a secured date in the event everything gets back logged.
    I know on weekends when I had gone shopping (before all the COVID drama) we couldn't walk in to some stores because it was already to busy, I would say to book away!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Thanks! I am super excited about this - especially once were allowed out again.. by then I'll be dying to go dress shopping!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    It wouldn't hurt to book now, at least you'll have peace of mind that you've got the appointment.

I called and was lucky to get a cancellation appointment on the date my girls were available to come with me. It was so much fun, I'd love to do it again!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Good luck Smiley smile it’s honestly a great experience 😃😃😃
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Thanks! I'll be sure to coordinate the ladies who are coming soon so we can pick a date!

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    I did Kleinfields... if you’re doing a weekday you’ll be okay... a weekend you should definite try to book as far in advance as you can Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Thanks Amanda! I didn't think walk-ins were a thing, so I'm glad I can go when the mood strikes!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

I didn't have to make an appointment and no consultations. All the bridal stores that I had went to were walks ins. As well I didn't go to any big wedding shops like Klienfelds or David's Bridal. I had gone to local bridal shops in the city. I had just looked around each store and picked which ones I liked and different styles and went from there.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    How far in advance did you book the appointment? I am wondering if consultation appointments fill up fast well in advance and If I should be booking now for September.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute

My wedding was originally planned for august 2020 and I went and started shopping around in January 2019. The only reason I went early was because the dress that I was eyeing was in the window of one of the bridal stores. I had tried it on and it was everything I was wanting and more. I had to order it in my size and it took 7 months for it to come in. The dress needs a little bit of alterations but I won't be getting it done until Mid May of next year and will take about a month or so. (My wedding is now August 2021)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics