Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Devoted June 2022 Ontario

Wedding Dress Booking

Laura, on May 10, 2020 at 14:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14

How far in advance did you book your wedding dress consultation? I'm planning to go September/October, and I assume with these closures there will be a backlog of brides wanting to get in. Should I be booking now or can I wait to coordinate an appointment?

I want to do the Kleinfeld thing so I assume that's in demand, and then check out a few other boutiques.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 15:07
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest making an apt for later on this year that way youre secured

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much! I’m just so pumped to be able to get out and find a dress, I want to book now! Haha
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I booked at David's Bridal last June for my end of September appointment. I definitely didn't need too book that far in advance I just did it when I decided I wanted to start dress shopping on my birthday haha

I'll say it was very busy on the day that I was shopping so it was hard to look at dresses in the showroom myself (let alone with anyone I brought with me) if you have the luxury of shopping on a weekday instead of a sunday like I did I'm sure it would be easier for you to get an appointment

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went looking for my dress (and got married) before Covid-19, but some dresses can take a year or longer to order, so I went about a year before the wedding date. My dress ended up taking 4 months to get in... and when it arrived it had a tear on it from the beading pulling at the fabric Smiley sad

So then they had to reorder it on rush, which took another 3 months to get in...

All in all, considering that Covid-19 is now delaying some things - I would book an appointment for as soon as you can just to be safe. But if you are sure you want to wait until the fall, then I would say it's best to book it in advance if they allow it just to be on the safe side.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to book now that way you have a secured date in the event everything gets back logged.
    I know on weekends when I had gone shopping (before all the COVID drama) we couldn't walk in to some stores because it was already to busy, I would say to book away!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I am super excited about this - especially once were allowed out again.. by then I'll be dying to go dress shopping!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It wouldn't hurt to book now, at least you'll have peace of mind that you've got the appointment.

I called and was lucky to get a cancellation appointment on the date my girls were available to come with me. It was so much fun, I'd love to do it again!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good luck Smiley smile it’s honestly a great experience 😃😃😃
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I'll be sure to coordinate the ladies who are coming soon so we can pick a date!

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did Kleinfields... if you’re doing a weekday you’ll be okay... a weekend you should definite try to book as far in advance as you can Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Amanda! I didn't think walk-ins were a thing, so I'm glad I can go when the mood strikes!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't have to make an appointment and no consultations. All the bridal stores that I had went to were walks ins. As well I didn't go to any big wedding shops like Klienfelds or David's Bridal. I had gone to local bridal shops in the city. I had just looked around each store and picked which ones I liked and different styles and went from there.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How far in advance did you book the appointment? I am wondering if consultation appointments fill up fast well in advance and If I should be booking now for September.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding was originally planned for august 2020 and I went and started shopping around in January 2019. The only reason I went early was because the dress that I was eyeing was in the window of one of the bridal stores. I had tried it on and it was everything I was wanting and more. I had to order it in my size and it took 7 months for it to come in. The dress needs a little bit of alterations but I won't be getting it done until Mid May of next year and will take about a month or so. (My wedding is now August 2021)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics