Skip to main content
Colleen
Newbie June 2022 Alberta

Wedding dress anxiety

Colleen, on October 2, 2021 at 23:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Saved
Hi everyone !

I said “yes to the dress” earlier this week. I left the store so thrilled and excited…. But as soon as I got home I got CRAZY anxiety. Ever since, I have been second guessing the dress and looking at photos of me in other dresses and kicking myself thinking I made the wrong choice…
My question to all you brides - did any of you feel this way?
I keep reminding myself - there is a reason I said yes, I loved it in the moment - so why am I second guessing myself now ?
Sigh. Hoping to find some advice and comraderie in the anxiety 😓

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kasia, on October 16, 2021 at 12:28
  • Kasia
    Beginner October 2022 Alberta
    Kasia ·
    • Dispute

Hey Colleen, I felt the exact same way! I got so caught up in the moment when I found the one I didn't take the time to really think about the decision, so the anxiety was quite real when I got home. I looked online at a whole bunch of other dresses and even booked an appointment to another shop right after just because I wanted to be sure I had exhausted all my options. But when it comes down to it, there was a reason I fell in love with the dress I picked and I figured looking at other dresses would probably just add to the anxiety, especially given that I put down a 60% deposit on my dress already! And, no matter what I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in the dress, especially once all the details are put together.

• Meghan
    Featured September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute

I didn't have that feeling afterwards but I was feeling that way in the boutique I had two top contenders I knew I wanted the one that I chose but I knew the two people I brought loved the other my consultant told me in the change room as we are putting the one I said yes to back on that at the end of the day it's my choice and that I need to go with what my heart is telling me even if other people don't feel the same way. When I walked out of the change room in the dress I chose my girls ended up falling in love with the dress I chose and I know I made the right choice cause every time I look back at the photos it brings a smile to my face!

Like the other people said there's a reason you chose it in the first place and keep reminding yourself that! Maybe even make another appointment to go try it on again, that might help!

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2023 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute

I put a small deposit down on my dream dress, only to get home and start thinking about how the salon acted and treated my mom, and it left a sour taste in my mouth.

So I made an appointment at a local boutique, and off my mom and I went. The experience at this salon was much more friendly and positive, and I found myself second-guessing the dress I put a deposit down on. I made a 2nd appointment, brought my mom back, and 2 of my bridesmaids (one of which was there when I put the deposit down on the first dress) and I ended up saying yes to a different dress that day - my best friend even said as much as I cried when I put on the "dream" dress, my smile, body language (and again, tears lol) with the "New Dream" dress, just seemed right...

I suggest taking some time to think (without looking at the dress) and see in 2 weeks or so what you feel when you look back at the images of you in the dress you said yes to

• Tunisha
    Featured October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    Hello Colleen, 👋🏾
    Oh yea, this happened to me. I was wondering what was happening. I said yes to my first dress I choose. I later realized that it was not the best option for me as it was mainly because my parents loved it and I didn’t. Then I had another opportunity to go again, then I found a lovely one that I looked at the pros and cons. However, I had a little unsettling feeling because for the first one I choose. I feel in love with another one but my boobs were going to be out (parents felt some way) and I wished I had stuck with it. But at the end, I still love this one because it has pockets and I only had to do little to none alterations.

So I think in your case, look at the pros and cons about your dress. Also, do you have another in mind?
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    I think it's nórmal. it's a lot amor money and i big decision . but you chose it for a reason .
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    This happened to me but it was about the same dress in a different colour. I ended up calling the store and getting them to change the order. It was the right call for me, but I was pretty confident I had made the wrong decision. If it’s more of just general anxiety and worrying it’s probably just nerves over making a big decision and spending a good chunk of cash. I know it’s hard but maybe try to keep away from dress photos for a while and revisit photos of the one you ordered in a few weeks.
  • Carmel
    Featured December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    I did!!!!! Yes keep reminding yourself there's a reason you picked it. I had ZERO regrets once I put it on again (even when it came in a size too small 😅).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics