Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Devoted May 2020 Ontario

Wedding dessert

Kelly, on August 10, 2019 at 02:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
Ideas for wedding dessert? - We are having a wedding cake made however the caterer also provides dessert for all guests; currently he is wanting to severe a caramel chocolate cake but i would like to provide a different/lighter option since we are already providing our own cake... any ideas?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on August 20, 2019 at 23:45
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He can make anything he has a ton of experience both catering and resaturant
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds delicious
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue gave us a choice between ice cream, apple blossoms or the lava cake. We are going with the apple blossoms. Wedding is Feb (don't think many will want ice cream) and I don't want more cake... I love apple pie so it was a winner for us.
  • Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a dessert sampler for our dessert course. We had mini cream brûlée, raspberry gelato, a matcha macaroon, and a lemon tart. I know it’s a lot but a lot of those flavours were fresh and light - especially the rasp gelato.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do different types of desert bars or tarts stuff like smaller bites. Did he give you list of deserts hes made?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When making the cake order with the baker, assorted pastries were also ordered to serve besides the family as a second choice with the crème brulee chosen as our dessert. The amount was perfect and not left besides the top tier of the wedding cake taken home.

Best suggestion is to get samples of different dessert choices from your baker and select what may be the best options you both like and would like to serve. Prices vary and quantity too. Choosing smaller amounts as varieties helps guests to help serve. Some guests don't have a sweet tooth.

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having a variety - carrot cake, brownies, butter tarts, and nanaimo bars Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were doing cake pops!
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My caterer gave us 3 options and we chose the fruit cake. With the custurd and fruit on a sponge cake. Its nice and light and we will also be having cupcakes for our cake.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ice cream is a great idea - that's what we are doing for our dessert that's provided, plus a wedding cake/cupcake comb!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ice cream, ice cream crepes, creme brûlée, etc. I think as long as it’s not cake (or a brownie), you should be fine lol.
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aside for our cake we are planning to offer doughnuts (donut wall), some tarts (Saskatoon), and Nanaimo bars. Canadian classics Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a two tiered cutting cake but also having a variety of cupcakes too for our guests.. our dinner also comes with dessert (cheesecake).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say ice cream would be a great pairing with cake! It’s a nice lighter option and then if people don’t like the cake they will for sure go for ice cream!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a vanilla ice cream and raspberry crepe! We aren’t serving cake but there will be a dessert table and cupcakes for guests in the late evening as well.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our dessert will be vanilla ice cream with fresh berries in a light waffle cup. We're also having a wedding cake.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics