Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexa
Devoted July 2018 Alberta

Wedding Decor Lady

Alexa, on January 6, 2018 at 12:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Good morning! I need some advice in August we met with the decor lady her invoice she gave us was $2400 plus $850 refundable deposit. My mom offered to pay for it but I find it is too much money. She is also paying for wedding dress and she said pay for half of catering alone she offers to pay $10,000. And my fiancee and I are easily paying $8000 towards wedding. I was wondering if it would be rude or too late to look at a different decorator that is cheaper. And maybe try to set up things ourselves the day before to lower take down and set up cost. we haven't signed anything with this lady but I am trying to cut down costs as much as possible.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 18, 2018 at 07:58
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well that's excellent!

• Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I decided to go with the cheaper lady , she is super nice and she is doing my best friends wedding in November so she must be good right?! Put down the deposit today, she has my colours and she is willing to lower price of décor package on the things I do not use Smiley smile:

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our florist is doing our centrepieces and are roughly around $40-$50/ centrepiece with tall vases and an organic arrangement of flowers. We made our own table numbers. The price you were quoted for a decorator is around the norm.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you haven't signed anything then there is no problem. You are allowed to look at multiple vendors in order to make the best decision for your wedding and your budget. These people see tons of brides every week!

• Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not rude! Finding the right vendors within your budget absolutely requires some in person and time commitments with no guarantee that you'll stick with them. No different than viewing venues and requiring them to answer all questions before deciding on one or meeting with officiant/djs and having meetings to see if they are suitable. Its all part of the process and if you havent paid or signed anything it's still okay to shop around.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The decor lady isn't losibg your business as she gets other brides to sugn with her. Shoo around first ti get some quotes and see if she is worth thr price being offered.

Your ok if you haven't signed anything yet.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Pretty!!!! Our centre pieces are starting at $50, similar to you.
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly, I was going to do flower centerpieces but to expensive $40 each. I am doing paper roses instead.

Wedding Decor Lady 1

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My decor is around that and doesn't include flowers. It's very expensive! And the funny part is 2500 is "small" budget! Unbelievable!
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly. One decorator we are looking at is giving us a quote on monday or tuesday. Depending on the quote i want to go with other lady but i feel bad since we met with hr and already decided on colors , type of backdrop, type of linens etc. Just dont feel comfortable my mom spending this much on one day. I am taking with my mom on tuesday to discuss expectations on how is paying for what and budget.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just noticed where you said you didn't sign anything. So you should be ok. I would just do it sooner than later so she can find another client.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Usually the deposit is non refundable but check your contract. Be honest with her as well. Maybe she can opt for decor that's a bit more within your budget. Smiley smile
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Makes me feel better I found small business on etsy to do our centerpieces/table numbers will only cost $7.50 per table. I am only concerned of someone decorating the head table backdrop, head table, guest table and gift table decor. Everything else like the table lines and chair covers I feel we can do ourselves. The original lady her decor only costs 1,700 but her set up and take down fee is $750.

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s not rude, you are the customer and you are not bound to a contract if you have not signed anything. You are allowed to get quotes, nothing wrong with that Smiley smile My husband, my Dad and the groomsmen set up our wedding the morning of. They made a fun morning out of it and took getting ready shots at the same time.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow that seems very expensive for decorating. Maybe you and your bridesmaids can sit down together make a list of all the decor you will be needed then figure out what you can do yourselves. Then have like DIY parties and just make it all and have a fun girls night. Then you may only need to hire a decorator for partial of the decor. That's we we are planning, plus our venue had lots of decor for us to rent and a quarter of the price. Goodluck! Also maybe look around for a different lady who doesn't charge nearly as much.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics