Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner June 2018 Ontario

Wedding day tipping

Tamara, on June 1, 2017 at 21:57 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Wondering etiquette on this...I was not thinking of having to do this on my wedding day at all. I have just come across it being something we should plan to do...is it acceptable to do after the wedding to catch up with vendors or ?!? What are you guys doing...I feel like it will be hard to hand out tips in between guests and everything else

6 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on August 6, 2017 at 22:25
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We won't be handing out tips at all. Our vendors have asked a good fee for each of their services and that's all we intend on paying.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony/reception venue includes an 18% gratuity on the bill and our DJ's said that we can either feed the DJ or include a tip in the final payment. So far I am assuming I don't tip anyone else.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Read your contract to see if gratuity is included... I do not recommend tipping before receiving a service but then I have zero intentions of tipping at all.
  • T
    Beginner June 2018 Ontario
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the advice !
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Erin on this. I know that our venue for our ceremony and reception built-in their tip with the charges together. As for the others it think it's at your discretion, but you may ask them directly.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most vendors require you pay the balance before your event so maybe you could also include your tip at point. Or, you can just ask your vendors what their normal protocol is in regards to tipping as you will already have so much to think about the day of. I'm sure no one will mind having that discussion with you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics