Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexia
Beginner August 2022 Ontario

Wedding Day Timeline

Alexia, on August 2, 2020 at 22:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hello everyone!!

I am trying to put a schedule together of what my wedding day will look like but I’m needing some second opinions. So our wedding ceremony starts at 5pm. We have one photographer for 8 hours. I would like pictures of my bridal party and I getting ready right when we all finish our hair and make up. We will be about 30 minutes away from the venue. We have decided that we don’t need our photographer to take pictures of the my fiancé and his party getting ready (it wasn’t important to him so we decided to skip this). We are going to do a first look somewhere near the venue. Then make our way to the venue for the ceremony at 5pm. Cocktail hour starts 530-630 and then dinner and all that follows after. What should my day of schedule look like for my photographer and just the day in general??
Thank you!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 8, 2020 at 18:52
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your wedding schedule can start as early as you wish considering how much time you do need to get done for hair, getting ready, family shots beforehand, first look, wedding, group shots, family shots (grooms side), couple shots, venue, entrance, first dance, cake cutting, father/daughter & son/mother dance, speeches and exit (if doing so).

Going with a 1/2 and full hour time sheet may help so your vendors can keep track too.

• Alexia
    Alexia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for this! Appreciate it.
  • Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is at 5pm and venue 30 minutes away. I would also add some buffer time into your schedule 10-15minutes. Below is a simplified version of my tentative schedule if it helps. Since you only have 8 hours I would do something like, 1-9pm or 1:30-9pm. Like Amelia said asking your photographer how long first look and brideamaids photos might take might also help with your timeline. Factors such as how big bridal party and family is will take into account how much time you need as well.

8:30 wake up
    9:30-10:45 Breakfast
    11:00 start to get ready
    12:00 photographer arrives
    1:30 B and G Ready
    1:45 B and G leaves to venue seperately
    2:30 Arrival at Venue
    2:40 first look photos and portraits
    3:25 photos completed
    3:30 family arrives venue
    3:40 family photos
    4:25 family photos completed
    4:30 Guest Arrival
    5:00 Ceremony Starts
    5:25 Ceremony ends
    5:30-6:30 Cocktail hour(other photos/ large group photos)
    6:35 head to reception room
    6:45 MC announces activities.
    7:00 activity #1
    7:15 dinner service begins & activity #2
    7:30:Toast #1
    7:40 Toast #2
    7:50 Toast #3
    8:00 activity #3
    8:15 Sunset photos
    8:40 review activity and prizes
    8:55 toast #4& thanks,
    9:00 Dinner service ends
    9:10 Dance floor opens
    9:30 Night photo
    11:00 dance floor closes
    12:00 everyone out

• Alexia
    Alexia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks you!!

• Alexia
    Alexia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would ask your photographer how long they need for the first look, I imagine the latest you would want to do that is 330/4 so you can sneak away again of you aren't greeting guests.

Maybe 130-245 getting ready shots (the dresses hanging, pretending to put on makeup, a mimosa toast etc) time to travel with a buffer, 315/330-415 first look and some pre-ceremony shots of wedding party, ceremony at 5, wedding party/group shots from 545(or whenever your ceremony ends)-630, and then your reception.
    If you have them from 130-930 make sure you have a list of what reception shots you want (toasts, dances, bouquet toss, cake cutting) and ask someone to be in charge of making those things happen before the photographer leaves with time for things to run behind. This could be the DJ, or a bridesmaid/groomsman or just a very detailed friend.
    I would also ask a groomsman to snap a few candid photos of the guys getting ready. They might be nice to have even if your hubby doesn't think he wants them. Mine is the same!
  • Alexia
    Alexia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! What if we wanted to add the first look into there before the ceremony. What time would I need to fit that in at?
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s going to depend on how long you want your photographer for during the reception. Considering your first look would probably be around 3pm, you could have the photographer from 1-9 or 2-10 if you just wanted quick shots of getting ready.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics