Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Newbie July 2022 Newfoundland and Labrador

Wedding dates

Ashley, on January 27, 2021 at 01:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23
How did everyone pick their wedding dates? Random draw? Vendor/ venue availability? Or significant dates?

Look forward to your stories 💜

23 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on February 1, 2021 at 09:15
  • Courtney
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted to choose a date that was closest to our anniversary. Of course June 30th was a random day in the week, so we choose June 26th. Which will practically be our 10year anniversary! Smiley smile

Plus I loved the idea of June. Call me old fashioned, but the song from "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" really made me want to get married in June. Haha
  • Rikki
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Rikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I selected June 19 2021 as it is our 10 year anniversary to the day. We were engaged last December, 2019, so the year and a half planning has been perfect. We were going to do it the day before on the Friday to save a little bit but the extra cost was worth it to have it on the exact day!

• Kimberly
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose based on venue availability. We wanted summer time in the mountains. So July or august. Then based on what they had available, my spouse works one week on and one week off - and most of the men in his family also do and have the same time off so we chose a date when we would know most wouldn’t have to book time off.
  • Christine
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, venue availability and it was literally the last day of the winter season pricing lol. We were originally aiming for a Friday in the fall but realized we couldn't make it work this year so started looking at Spring 2022. We realized at that post that April 30 would fall under winter prices but be far enough along in the spring to have nicer weather and some blooms. After contacting some venues and further realizing that one place has the same price for a Fri or Sat, I looked at the calendar and realized April 30, 2022 falls on a Saturday. Happily the venue was available that day and we quickly booked. I told my Mom and she said it was exactly 4 weeks after their 45th wedding anniversary, so it was meant to be!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose the date by season and months associating with it. Ir also had the difference of hubby's birthday a month after and 4 months towards christmas. It worked out good.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged December 2019 and knew we didn't want a long engagement. That meant we either needed to plan really fast for a summer 2020 wedding or choose a fall/winter date.

We looked at the calendar to consider possible dates and realized our anniversary fell on a Saturday (November 28) so we decided to go with that if possible. Then we just had to make sure all of our vendors were also available that day as we booked each one and it all worked out. I also considered a New Year's Eve wedding because it was on a Thursday and so the Friday would have been a stat but my husband wasn't so into that idea.

Turns out we made the right call because the weather was still nice enough for us to have an outdoor ceremony. If we had it on NYE I think we would've gotten soaked in the Vancouver rain.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We knew we wanted a Friday in the fall. We eliminated a few dates because they were too close to Thanksgiving and one was 9/11. In the end I liked the sound of 2/10/20, it's like a little equation for our marriage! Plus the foliage in October in New Brunswick is breathtaking so I was happy we found an October date.
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this story! 💜

Our venues have both dates available July 15 2022 and July 22 2022. I think 07.22.22 looks good but my FH pointed out both of our grandfathers who were huge parts of our life passed in 2015 so 15 signifies that and 7 is my fave # 15 is his. Our current anniversary is November 22, which is also why I liked 07.22.22 he was like add 7+15 and it’s 22 there’s your significants there lol. I think he really wants 07.15
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We really liked the idea of a May wedding, as that's when our current anniversary is. Unfortunately, the venue was already booked on our actual date (a Friday) and had instead offered us the Saturday. That would have been perfect, except it's his little brother's birthday and we did not want to share that day for the rest of our lives! We went with one week before, and are very excited about our May 14th date.

It almost worked out better too, as the date we wanted would have been during the long weekend, which makes prices way higher!

• Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love when things work out like that!! Definitely seems like fate!!
  • Caitlyn
    Frequent user September 2021 Alberta
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish we had a cutesy story of why we picked our wedding date haha. It was purely vendor availability. We were looking for a Saturday in August, but our vendor was booked solid on Saturdays from May-October. They had a Friday available at the beginning of September and we jumped at that opportunity.
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged in July of 2019 and my fiance had always said when he proposed he wanted to get married a year later. I had a venue in mind that I always wanted and made an appointment to look at the place. Wheen I called they said the only dates available were september and on from that. When we showed up she said there was a cancellation on August 22nd and I said yes instantly haha. It was meant to be so I jumped on it!

Of coarse the whole getting married in a year didnt pan out due to unforeseen events. But we are just as excited about our May date!

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours was venue availability in the season we wanted!!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First we decided when we wanted to get married. We decided May-August 2022. Then we looked at a calendar and wrote down all the dates either one of us liked for our wedding. Then separately we picked our top 3 dates and we both picked the same date as our #1 choice so we went with that.
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose our date based on venue availability. We got engaged in April and I contacted a bunch of venues basically asking what they had for saturdays from June 2021-October 2021. Ideally I would have liked an august wedding because I work at a school and I just think going home for the weekend with the last Ford and coming back a week later with a new last name could be confusing for the kids lol but not much was available. The dates given to us weren’t ideal I think they were around birthdays and other people’s anniversaries? Then we were given the date of October 23rd 2021, which was perfect for us because it’s just 3 days shy of our 7 year anniversary 🥰 plus once we realized how bad covid was after getting engaged we were happy to have a further away date, more likely that things will be more normal by then (depending on where you live)
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our original date was July 25th, 2020 which was our 13th anniversary. Since it landed on a Saturday last year it just seemed perfect. But since we postponed we went with the date that all the vendors we had booked were available together which will be June 12th. I kind of like the idea of a June wedding better to be honest, since it won't be as hot *hopefully* since we're having an outdoor ceremony.
  • Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally wanted to get married in August, as August is the month we started dating, and my FH's side of the family is superstitious about August being good luck (most on his side married in August).

We knew we wanted to get married 2021, and knew which venue we wanted. However, when looking into dates with the venue, only June dates were available, so we reluctantly chose June 12, 2021.

A few weeks ago, during a stress-induced call to my venue contact about June feeling too soon, she checked date availability again - they recently had a cancellation for August 14!! I quickly called my other vendors... to our absolute surprise, every. single. vendor. was available for the August date. Two of our vendors even said it was their last available date all year. It was a seamless postponement from June 12 to August 14.

To top it all off, my side of the family was concerned about having to come to our city twice in one Summer (my cousin is also getting married August 7). This allows them to only travel once, and just stay a little longer. It really all worked out for the best.

It felt like fate. We both have a way better feeling about this date for us, and are feeling optimistic that we will be able to have 100 people outdoors by this time. Crossing our fingers, and manifesting positivity!!!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I had originally picked August 8th 2020. It's supposed to be good luck with 08.08.2020 from what we have heard of. As well, where we are getting married usually right after the august long weekend it's amazing weather around 30-35 degrees.

But we had postpone because of covid. And when we were talking about new dates we didn't want any other weekend and we lucked out to have the same weekend the following year. So we are now August 7 2021

• Aimerance
    Curious April 2021 Ontario
    Aimerance ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted a "longer" engagement so about a year and a half. We didn't want a fall wedding, and summer is usually more expensive so we ended up picking April 17
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our now anniversary is in November and unfortunately a fall wedding doesn’t work for us debating between 07-15-22 and 07-22-22 but hubby thinks 22-22 has too many 2s lol
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted a winter wedding. (Easier for us and our friends to get time off work.) So since we didn't want too much traveling the day of we went with a venue that had ceremony space, reception space and a place to sleep for any out of town guests or guests who just wanted to rent a room for the night.
  • L
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked a date closest to our anniversary. We couldn't pick our anniversary because its the last Wednesday of the month. Having a wedding in the middle of the week didn't seem doable. So we picked Friday April 30th.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked a season we wanted, ruled out any inauspicious dates (aka unlucky dates based on superstitions of our culture) and see what availability the venue had.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics