Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Beginner September 2021 Quebec

Wedding coordinator and decor

Rachel, on May 2, 2020 at 22:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20
8k tax in for
partial vendor management,Day of coordination
Set up / take down / delivery / pick up of items(2,500&dollarSmiley winkingFlorals (2,000) Decor (2,500)
Does this seem reasonable?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Alexis, on January 22, 2021 at 02:23
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not sure if it is reasonable or not tbh I don’t know the prices for wedding planners.

We have a decorator who is also a florist. There are bouquets and corsages and stuff, a bunch of decor and flowers at the ceremony and then dinner room and reception room.
    What we are paying in Windsor for everything but the coordinator is $3600 (but that includes $750 for chair rentals from another company). For set up and take down too.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really is a great price! She is based out of Kelowna. She's been wonderful from the very start and with us having to postpone our 2020 wedding to 2021 she was very accommodating!

Her Facebook page is Lasting Memories or Katelynn Harris.

Her number is 250-540-5462 if you would like to contact her that way Smiley smile

• Sahara
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Sahara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey I am also looking for a day of coordinator for my wedding in kelowna! That sounds like a very reasonable price for a day of coordinator! Where is she from?
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it really depends on what you need in terms of decor. My ceremony decor came under $1000 (ceremony arch, trees, LED candles, plinths) and includes set up and take down. There is not much I will be doing to reception space. I spent about $800 on random items (welcome sign, arch for sweetheart table, seating chart, table numbers, lanterns for cocktail hour, things like that), and just under $2000 on flowers also includes the set up. I have coordinators/ planners for $2000 and I hired an extra team to pack up and move heavy items to cars and do down of random items for $400 . I did this so friends and family wouldn't have to lift a finger. Our venue is brand new so I kept things pretty simple in terms of decor for just under 200 guests.

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! that's a good point Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, it can get costly for sure but think of it this way, whatever you buy for your wedding you can resell after... and trust me when I say those types of things will sell. If you get someone to do it for you, you're paying top dollar or the same amount to have it "rented".

I purchased my center piece vases online and saved a fortune, I also bought lights like you mentioned and I waited until after Christmas when all the lights went on special.

I also looked on facebook marketplace for different items as well. I would suggest to take a look around and try to find sales where you can, but if you intend to sell them after, I am sure you will get an minimum 50% of your costs back.

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for input Amanda! I am debating collecting and DIY decor through out the year as well to save on costs but i was worried it would amount to the same costs as the venue is bare bones and I would need so many edison lights etc

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends what you are going for... & how much help you would actual need the day of.
    I am doing flowers which ran me $1,600.00, Decor I had purchased myself the whole year leading up to the date, and some are friends who are donating or getting things to assist me as well.

Most Vendors that do flowers or draping ect. come with setup & take down as well. Personally I think its SUPER expensive, but I am also trying to budget and do most things on my own to save costs.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you would like! I can offer contacts of day of my day of coordinators ( they do more than day of if need )! Who would do more if needed. But for very good price. Since they are two nice girls, students! I met them in person, very smart girls!

So you could contact them and see what they offer you!

And Since you are talking about Montreal East! I live in Montreal East, but my wedding will be in Dorval! And in Montreal East, there is amazing vendors store ( decoration ) with amazing things for all events! And with weddingwire you can get 10% of I think! And they will deliver decorations to Dorval and they have amazing real flower vendor, but I am using their fake flowers. They are located in Montera East!

Let me know in private if you want to get some of contacts! Smiley smile

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You mean 8 k, just for help of managing and organizing your wedding?

I think it is super expensive! Smiley amazing

Oh no....In that price is also flowers and all the decors!

Maybe it is not too bad if you have real flowers and a lot of decors! And how many people!

Example, I am renting decorative plates and silk flowers with vase and arch decors for my wedding, from very good company, and they deliver it for extra 50-100 cad. And my day of coordinator will take decors down and on next day, company will come to pick it up!

( there is things what I bought my self, like table candles and few other things, like table menu and so on )

I got day of coordinators, 2 Young girls, who are students and do this job a side, from home.

But my wedding is small 25-30 people.

And when you have real flowers, it is always more expensive!

I think if for 8 k you get all the decors and real flowers and you are problem free it is normal price, and if you have 50-60 people.

You should check with second company for price, it is always good to compare.

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    U may be right I don't know either Smiley sad I think I'm trying to convince myself it's not Smiley sad.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh ok. It could be on the higher end in my opinion. But am still shopping around so i dont know for sure
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The 8 k ( tax included) includes all the day off coordination and vendor management, all the decor for the tablescape ( utensils, plates, napkins, centrepieces) lighting, drapes, back drop etc. As well as all florals for tables décoration and wedding party (bouquets and bountiners)
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the feedback! The vendor is in Montreal and will be traveling about an hour or so east of Montreal. The decor does include all that you mentioned. In terms of florals it will cover all bouquets and boutniers and arrangements for the table. That said, 2500 for day off coordination as well as management of vendors after I've booked them is too steep?

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well the decor of $2500 is what i also got quoted for head table, cake table, receiving table, backdrop, draping on arch for ceremony, not including centerpieces or decor on chairs outside ceremony. I have yet to book a day of co-coordinator still on the fence.

I think 8k is on the high side. I do hear that wedding planners from beginning to end can cost 2400.00

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That seems like alot. I'm getting married in Kelowna BC at a winery. I have a day of coordinator and we have her for 1100.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bit pricy for what is being offered. Shopping around is worthwhile to do and choose the best company that is giving the bang for your buck.
    It is your decision at the end of the day to go with this company if you feel comfortable and happy with their services.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That seems like a lot to me. our decor is 3500 and our 6 week planner is 1500. i would shop around.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just realized where you're located. What I mentioned are based on Toronto prices. Unless you're getting a Montreal vendor to travel over an hour outside of the city to your venue, I would imagine prices in small town Quebec would be lower, even when factoring in the higher tax.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's not the highest quote but definitely not the lowest either.

Can't speak to the flowers and decor since I don't know what you're getting. If that price includes ceremony decor like backdrop, all bridal party flowers such as bouquets and boutineres, all centerpieces, head table, cake take, guest check in table etc, it's not unreasonable.
    $2500 for a day of coordinator is on the steeper side. For that price, you're getting a high profile "celebrity" coordinator who is recognized widely in trade publications and wedding industry circles.

Is this all one vendor?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics