Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Beginner October 2019 Ontario

Wedding coordinator?

Megan, on September 5, 2018 at 09:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
I am getting married at the Old Mill in Toronto next year in October. I am not sure if I will need to hire a wedding coordinator or not. Apparently they will have a coordinator on site but I saw some people looking to hire outside coordinators (at the Old Mill) so it makes me wonder if their on site coordinator is not enough? Is it necessary? If anyone has had their wedding at the old mill please let me know if you used the on site coordinator or hired your own and what your experience was like!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 8, 2018 at 11:02
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The venue has a coordinator which cuts the cost to get a second coordinator raising the budget higher. Plus if you have everything under control and full communication with the cpordinator, there isn't nothing to worry about in whole.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh for sure!! And if you're worried about set up or anything maybe ask a few guests to double check some things for you? I have 3 of my moms closest friends on duties to make sure things are perfect before everyone arrives!
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could talk to your venue coordinator and ask what they are and are not willing to take care of the day of. Our venue coordinator is taking on the responsibilities of a day of coordinator and will be the main point of contact for my vendors. If you don't think they will be able to manage everything that needs managed it may not hurt to look into a day of coordinator and see whether it is worth it to fit in your budget.

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Stephanie! I agree, I think it will be enough. I’m pretty organized, I just wasn’t sure if it was necessary because some people were very thankful they hired one. I will only have 70-80 guests anyway so it should be fine. Thank you!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly it's completely up to you! I think the day of coordinator is enough! But that's for me! With all the information avaiable online these days I've been very comfortable putting together everything just the 2 of us (and some help from moms)
    It for sure will be a lot less stress! Are you a good planner in every day things and parties? If not maybe it would be something to consider!
  • Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am in the same situation. Our venue is Kurtz Orchard (NOTL) and although i havent heard of the best reviews of their own coordinator, we decided to research month of coordination. Month of coordination seems like a good option if you want to plan your own things but want someone to go over contracts and be the point of contact. The prices seem to range though anywhere from 900 to 3500 for month of coordination so i am having a hard time trying to decipher between such a gap of prices.
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    An onsite coordinator basically takes care of anything venue related. Hiring a day of coordinator, they will be in touch with all your vendors and become the Main point if contact. They will take care of any issues that arise the that you can think of and they will be with you from the start of the day to the end. Making sure things run on time pictures get done people get paid missing vendors are found ect.... I guess it depends on how many moving parts you have. Just remember without the day of planner you will be the main point of contact for everything and every one. Any issues arise they come to you, any missing vendor or vendor running late that's something you have to deal with. I hired one as I've seen so many weddings where the bride can't enjoy the day as every little thing they are bothering her with.
  • Janis
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted to get married at Old Mill next fall but our guest list was small so we changed venues Smiley smile so my best friend’s sister got married there three as a half years ago. She didn’t have to hire anyone external. It ran smoothly because she was in control and the on-site coordinator helped with the rest. Hope this helps!
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Tori! That is very helpful. I’m only having 70-80 people so I’m feeling like an outside coordinator won’t be necessary. People seem to have good experiences with the coordinators there so that should be good enough 😊
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although I am over in Manitoba, I did a little digging on their review page and found that most people said that their coordinators were wonderful. Of course there was at least one bad review (as there always will be) in regards to how inattentive one was.

"My co-coordinator Lauren was amazing and very patient! She took the time to go over all my options and answered all my questions! Highly recommended and we are beyond excited to be having our wedding at this location!" August 9 2018

"The event coordinators (Special thanks to Lauren Bucci) really know their stuff and made the whole event with very little effort on our part." July 21 2018

"Our wedding co-ordinator was Rita, and she was assigned to us a few moths before the wedding date as our original co-odinator was going on maternity leave. We got the impression she was inattentive as emails would go un-answered for days until a payment deadline arose, she was unaware of any of the arrangements we had made with the previous coordinator, and when asking for anything outside of the standard our requests was often met with a no, and we'd have to get creative with our own alternatives. " June 30 2018

Here's the link: Old Mill Toronto Reviews

Hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics