Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Wedding Colours

Abbie, on November 13, 2021 at 10:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi all! I’ve always wanted to do a turquoise/teal wedding with purple accents, but now that I have my blue dress (which I’ve also always wanted 😁) I’m not sure if the bright colours will work with my light blue dress. My FH and groomsmen are wearing navy suits.

Any suggestions for complementary colours? I’ve pretty much decided on a steel blue for the bridesmaids so everyone will be a variation of blue. Just not sure what to do for flowers and decor. Would love to hear some suggestions!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Abbie, on December 2, 2021 at 07:12
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you- will do!! ☺️
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh lovey option too! Either will look beautiful!!
    Keep us posted with your final choice!!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh a dark teal might be the way to go! I was thinking dark, deep purple for a warmer tone…
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say dark teal and gold would be the accent colour? Or good and white for the accent?

What other colours/ideas do you have in mind?
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh I love that idea!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The dark blue colour or tone is the major choice for the wedding itself. The complimentary colours to go with your theme can be alternated table clothes of lighter tones of purple and teal since its in the tones of what you want. It will look beautiful as you set white as a neutral tone napkin on top.

A nice idea of coordinating the layers is to have a square table coloured cloth to go over the white one as it can be a diamond shape.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, Hank! I should have mentioned that table clothes, napkins etc are all white. 🙂 I just need to determine the accent colours. I LOVE turquoise and teal but I don’t want to detract from my dress.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love the idea of going white with greenery and then pops of purple!! I’d love to do a wildflower look….maybe daisies would work for the white?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Because both you and your entire ensemble are wearing such a vibrant colour, I would avoid anything in too cool of a shade like teal in any pieces of decor that has a large surface area like table cloths, napkins, backdrops, large flower arrangements etc. You want to stand out rather than have your outfits bleeding into the background.

Small amounts of purple as an accent would work. I would personally break up all the colour with something neutral like white or ivory, which can be the table cloths and napkins. If you're doing a backdrop, going for a hollow arch against a neutral wall or green space instead of a huge flower or fabric wall can help your outfit stand out a bit more.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally with steel blue I'd do greenery and white florals (if you can get anemones the pop of black in their centre looks phenomenal). You can also get Earl Grey roses... They are amazing 😍 pops of a deep dark purple would also look amazing but I don't know that I'd go bright. However, I may be the wrong person to give advice here as I'm very much on the neutral colour palette side. It is YOUR day so I definitely think you can do whatever you want!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics