Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tiffany
Frequent user August 2023 Ontario

Wedding colours

Tiffany, on March 19, 2019 at 20:42

Posted in Plan a wedding 36

I am newly engaged and loving every minute of it. As I prepare to begin the wedding planning process I was wondering how you all came up with your wedding colours/theme? Did you choose this on your own or did you involve your partner as well?
I am newly engaged and loving every minute of it. As I prepare to begin the wedding planning process I was wondering how you all came up with your wedding colours/theme? Did you choose this on your own or did you involve your partner as well?

36 Comments

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

We didn't pick our colours/theme until we booked our venue....in the back of my mind I knew I wanted grey to be the bridesmaids dress colour, but the venue we picked was mostly grey so my FH and I talked about it and came up with burgundy and gold as our colours

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your engagement! And welcome to the WW community!
    I’ve had a Pinterest board since I started dating my FH and I had a ton of colour pallets in it. Before we got engaged we knew we wanted a fall wedding, and burgundy has always been my go to colour in the fall. So once we got engaged I narrowed it down to burgundy and navy with gold and blush accents. My FH wasn’t picky on the colours, and liked the idea of doing navy or a darker blue suit for the guys!
    My suggestion to you, start with the season you want to get married and then go from there.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay, congrats!!! It's such an exciting time Smiley smile

Honestly, I had a completely different colour scheme in mind from the one I ended up going with. I originally started with my lucky symbol, a bee, and wanted to have a subtle bee theme for the wedding, using the colours pale yellow, white, and gold. Then I went dress shopping.... and got a dress with silver beading on the bodice.

Everyone said it wouldn't matter, but it felt weird to mix metals to me, so after knowing I would have to use silver as my accent metal, I immediately picked my favourite colour, purple, and spent some time on pinterest finding some inspiration Smiley smile I actually really like the colours we've ended up with!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tiffany,

Congrats on your engagement Smiley smile

When we booked our wedding venue, in January 2018, I had an idea of what I wanted but kept changing that idea every other week. In April of that year, we went to Hawaii and just fell in love with the colours and the vibe. I told my FH and he agreed that it would be perfect for our day.

I showed him some Pinterest inspiration and went from there! So our wedding theme/colours are minimalist tropical, with shades or pink, green and accents of gold.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics