Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mariah
Newbie October 2018 Ontario

Wedding Colours

Mariah, on June 21, 2018 at 13:57 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 25

I am so stumped! I was originally planning a wedding for july… my dream wedding colors have been white and light pink, along with neutrals. (champagne ect).. we moved the wedding to October. I honestly hate red . its so bright and overwhelming and gets big attention right? and im a move into the back of the room kinda gal. my fiancé loves the warm colors, and likes red but he says its okay without red... but the leaves will be red.. im not sure what to do :0.

25 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on June 24, 2018 at 01:30
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oddly enough the leaves won't quite be red by then. I did my research as my hubby really wanted fall pics and the leaves don't really change until November which SUCKS! We are October 19th this year and our main base is black and gold. My bridemaids dresses are biscotti which is a very neutral nude colour and we have hints of taupe and champagne with deeper colours in our flowers like plum, burgundy, and fushcia
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m stuck with the colours as well. I know I am planning on having red and black as they are important colours to my Indigenous heritage. That being said there are so many shades of red and it’s hard to find the right one. I’m also not sure what other colours to include. We will be having black table cloths with white napkins. I plan to have my bridesmaids in red I was planning, but I dunno if I should put them in a different colour and have red accents in the decor.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They're beautiful for sure!
  • Amber
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having a fall wedding also (late September) - there are lots of fall palettes that are less intense than red and orange. I'm leaning towards dark greens, gold and ivory. I think you could actually stick with your original palette - especially because you're planning to add some neutrals in there like champagne. Champagne is a great colour that can work in any season! I think you should just go with the colour scheme you love the most - there's no law that you have to go dark/bold colours for fall Smiley smile

• Amber
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha funny - I just pinned all of those for my wedding Smiley smile I'm looking at greens, gold and ivory

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can stick to your original palette if you want. There is nothing that says you have to choose colours that go with the season.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about something more on the green spectrum of fall? Maybe something like these?

Wedding Colours 1

Wedding Colours 2

Wedding Colours 3
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our Colours are Plum and Grey
  • Mariah
    Mariah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! This helps a lot!Smiley smile didn’t think about all neutrals against the orange and reds
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fall colours (oranges, reds, yellows) but in deeper colours like wine, burnt orange etc...

You could also do champagne with pops of colours. You could even do pink if you really wanted to. You don't need to follow the colours from the season, so go pink if you'd like!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw someone who did a nice champagne colour with neutral tones and rose gold accents for their fall wedding and when they got photos done outside with the red and orange leaves it looked amazing!
    You can do all neutral colours or you can take softer tones of the warm colours if you want. There are so many different things you can do with it all Smiley smile
  • Nadia
    Nadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Take any colour and make it neutral. My wedding is also in October. I love fall colours but not necessarily for my wedding.

brown=gold, orange=peach, purple=lilac, yellow=almond and definitely white of course Smiley smile

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about this: Stick with your soft neutrals, and add a deeper jewel tone as more of a pop of colour rather than have it as the focal point. that's the great thing about neutrals...they're just that: NEUTRAL. Just because your wedding is in the fall, doesn't mean you have to settle for a fall colour pallet if that's not what you envisioned.

I grabbed this photo from my florist's IG as an example.

Wedding Colours 4

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I also lean toward soft neutral and natural colours. You could also go with variations in the shades of pink instead of going right into reds if you really don't like them. Go with some deeper pinks or Rose golds. Visually the colours and details tend to pop more if you use a variety of shades of your colours instead of just the same shade of the colour over and over again.

My fiancé loves orange it's his favourite colour (and I mean bright pumpkin orange). Even though it's a fall wedding we will not have orange in our wedding colours because I didn't want it for a wedding colour (I'm probably going to get him orange dress socks for the day though). So if you really hate red and don't want it I say skip it and don't think twice about it.
  • Mariah
    Mariah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks you so much. I just don’t like a lot of colours.. like if it was just up to me it would be all white and all the guest would have to be in white too lol..
  • Mariah
    Mariah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah I’m leaning more towards the burgundy.with neutral palette. Or like a light orange with white ivory’s and cream .
    My only problem for having my original colours is my wedding is outside and all the leaves will be red .
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree if you want to include some touches of red go with burgandy/maroon/deep red wine colour. And a little will go a long way with these deep reds. It goes really nice with the soft neutrals.

I am also getting married in October and our colour palette is navy, burgundy, and soft gold. I plan on also using touches of soft pinks, natural greens, nudes, and champagne to balance things out.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can use whatever palette you want. Mine might be more of a spring palette (teal and violet) but my wedding is in October. You do you: a neutral palette looks good anytime of year. If you do want to move into bolder colours, a burgundy might just be what you are looking for.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the burgundy post but still using the softer palette as accent colours. My wedding is at the end of September and we are using dark teal with rose gold, blush and ivory accents

bridesmaid inspirationWedding Colours 5

wedding coloursWedding Colours 6

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I still think you can use your original palette. You don't have to go dark just because it's in the Fall now.

Maybe switch from the super light pink to more of a dusty rose? and really highlight the champagne colour with pops of metallics (golds, rose golds).

It's a wedding, any time of year, a soft neutral palette will still work! I think doing your original palette, and then hitting it up with some greenery, will make it look great for Fall.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This looks great!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya! The pallette that I found for my October wedding is this one:

Wedding Colours 7Minus the yellow and add plumWedding Colours 8this last one will be the actual colours just darker though

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly what I was thinking re neutral colours!
    The Pinterest rabbit hole is deep and wide and filled with options!
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with Leah - burgundy dresses look so beautiful in the fall and this way you could still use your neutral palette - champagnes, pinks, ivory - as accent colours

Burgundy PaletteWedding Colours 9

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about a maroon or burgundy instead of bright red? (That way you give your FH his “red” but customize it to something more palatable for you.)

I would do a search on Pinterest for palettes. You’ll be surprised with the variations that you’ll find.

Lets us know what you decide!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics