Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Wedding Colour Suggestions

Abbie, on October 12, 2020 at 17:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 30
Hello all!

This is my first post on here and I’m very early days at the moment for planning but also very excited! ☺️
I would love some suggestions on a wedding colour palette....my fiancé and I both love blues. Turquoise is my favourite colour and I tend to love bright colours but don’t want to overwhelm either.
Some quick FAQs:
Garden weddingMay/June timeframeFiancé would like a dark blue suit My engagement ring has a turquoise blue diamond so would be nice to incorporate Amethyst has been a significant stone for us in our relationshipSo far we both like mint and navy but mum thinks it’s dated lol
Thanks everyone! ☺️

30 Comments

Latest activity by Abbie, on October 20, 2020 at 17:59
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s very classy and chic!
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding Colour Suggestions 1
    Wow I actually really like the mint and navy combo.
  • G
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Giselle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you very much
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that is stunning!! I love that palette 😍

Thank you for the feedback! ☺️
  • K
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it's your day you can have what you want! My daughter got married in May and had burgundy with sunflowers which are more for fall weddings. My son got married in June and they had winter colours. It was stunning! Mix it up, have fun. It's your day to have what you truly love! We are doing a vow renewal after 30 years in April 2022 and we are either going with that palette or this one because we both love the colour purple with teal/blue. I know it is more "wintery" but we love it anyway. Smiley smile

Wedding Colour Suggestions 2

• G
    Giselle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you very much
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your feedback! ☺️

And I’m sure yours is looking lovely!!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh I love that! Especially #2 and #3 from the left! Do you think it’s too “cool” for a spring garden theme?
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a gorgeous cake! I love the topper!
  • G
    Giselle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding Colour Suggestions 3
    These are the colours we picked
  • K
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure if anyone shared this palette but it is classic with teal, blue, and grey.

Wedding Colour Suggestions 4

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's kind of where I went with the more sage colour. Some mints are more like aqua too. The mint some are more blue and some are more green so I figured trying to stick to shades of it would work rather then matching. I think it's coming together lol!!
    I think going with aqua and teal to compliment each other is a good idea!! There are lots of that theme online for inspiration!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s really nice! I bet it’s tough to match mint - it’s like turquoise, everyone’s interpretation is slightly different! I’m thinking I might make my turquoise softer by going aqua, then combine it with teal so they complement each other 🤔
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding Colour Suggestions 5Wedding Colour Suggestions 6

Our colours are shades of mint, some are closer to sage but finding matching mint is near impossible I've learned lol. Then peach/blush tones and white/ivory incorporated in to flowers, rose gold as our metal/sparkle, grey suits and mint bridesmaid dresses with a romantic rustic theme. Originally I had coral in there instead of the peach/blush but it was to bold so I switched it to tone it down a bit.
    You could do a bold colour like turquoise and find softer colours to pair with it so it's not to bold.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! My fiancé and I really like it too! ☺️
  • Jazz
    Beginner October 2023 Ontario
    Jazz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this for a Spring time or summer wedding .

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh brown could be a nice “warm” addition - good call! ☺️

FH is pretty easy going about it, but is a fan of the blues and less bright hues. That’s why I was thinking of toning it down with teal and a pale aqua as opposed to bright turquoise.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great call - thank you so much! I think the problem that I’m running into is I just love too many colours that I’m concerned it’s going to overwhelm 😅 but I love the idea of getting a feel for the colours “in real life” so to speak 😊
  • Leah
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey there! Colour choosing was one of my favourite parts of wedding planning! I actually have navy and mint in my colour palette. I suggest going to a paint section of a hardware store and looking at colour palettes. Paint chips and those little booklets do a great job of matching colours where one (perhaps your turquoise or amethyst) pops because the others are accenting it. So for example, navy pops when paired with mint and pale pink. Those are my colours. Also I took the season into consideration. I’m having an early spring wedding so I have a foot in winter with the navy and a foot in spring with the mint and pink. Good luck and enjoy every minute!!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Personally, I would go with something more contrasting. Teal and turquoise are all shades of blue and it can easily overwhelm. A monochromatic look works on certain colours for special occasions but in my (very subjective) opinion, blue is not one of them as it's too casual. And it goes against your want to have your blue diamond and amethyst to stand out.

I would also suggest that you choose "blue" as one colour and allow your party to use different shades of it as they see fit. One great thing about blue is that you'll find no limit to menswear options in a blue and the girls can pick a shade that feels more fashionable to you and them, whether it's navy or something in a warmer hue. Then you can pick a non-blue colour as a secondary colour for accents. If you're not a fan of pink, I suggest brown to give it an earthy tone for your outdoor setting.

Whatever colours you do end up choosing, I highly suggest using them sparingly. I see a lot of couples go overboard with their chosen colours and use it on every aspect of their wedding look. Imagine majority of linens, lights, bridal party clothes, decor, and flowers as one or two colours. It comes off as being too much (again, my own subjective opinion). But hey, it's your wedding so do what feels you.

What does your FH think of the colour scheme?

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So what does everyone think of this colour scheme, but instead of the grey suits having blue? And then some purple accents here and there....too much blue? Wedding Colour Suggestions 7

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh I love this! Thank you! 😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OIP.570qylAd0Nx_Kih_-oVKPwHaEw?w=269&h=1The bow representing your FH suit colour and your favourite colour turquoise, this combination does seem to bring them out in the light shades to break up the dark colours. The white tone does help to add a neutral colour. I hope this helps as choices and tones to the choices chosen.

OIP.d78VFPnK5PtHBAtqyZIdYgAAAA?w=180&h=1

Purple is just a suggestion to put the colour as an accent to both colours not overwhelming the blues as much since the turquoise does have the blue tint hint.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh I like that! Even teal/turquoise/navy with a pop of purple? Smiley smile
  • Marg
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Marg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about teal*, navy, and sage? You could probably brighten it up with a pop of purple (amethyst) in your bouquets.

Wedding Colour Suggestions 8

Edit: I mixed up teal and turquoise haha - but I still think it would look good, even a bit brighter!

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s lovely but I have to say, not quite me! Thank you so much for the suggestion though! ☺️

Any thoughts on teal with another blue?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What do you think of blue and blush/pink? Pretty classic and conservative combination but still lively in an outdoor setting.

Wedding Colour Suggestions 9

Wedding Colour Suggestions 10

Wedding Colour Suggestions 11

Wedding Colour Suggestions 12

Wedding Colour Suggestions 13

Wedding Colour Suggestions 14

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re thinking fairly casual but classic, if that makes sense?

Reception location is to be decided, sorry that’s no super helpful! But either garden tents or a room at an inn. 😊
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is the reception outdoors or indoors? How formal are you going?

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry the formatting got all messed up by the way - not sure what happened to my list!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics