Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kimberly
Curious July 2021 Alberta

Wedding colour advice.

Kimberly, on October 30, 2020 at 15:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5
Hey everyone !
Looking for advice on what colours to put my bridesmaids and flower girls in. Originally I was thinking blush and a darker grey. Something along these lines:
Wedding colour advice. 1

Wedding colour advice. 2
But then I fell in love with this gold and eucalyptus templateWedding colour advice. 3
So now I have gold charger plates, and was going to get gold geometric things (? Lol) and a wooden cookie and eucalyptus for the center piece. Gold frames with the custom signs from the template. I have boughten some floral - mostly blush and greenery for the bouquets. It’s going to be an outdoor wedding overlooking the mountains in Canmore. Any advice would be appreciative! Thanks

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 3, 2020 at 12:33
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The colour palette seems coordinated well to make the range work well together and shades to pop out well. The grey being lighter would be a great contrast to the darker shades of the gold and eucalyptus décor.

• Kimberly
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for your replies ! I really appreciate it.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since eucalyptus is greenery, it really acts as a neutral rather than a colour. Same goes for gold accents unless you're using it in a lot of the decor. I think the blush goes with your theme no question. I also think the grey would look nice, but I agree with Hank that a slightly lighter grey might be a better idea. It's hard to tell on a screen. If you can order a fabric swatch it might be easier to tell whether it will be too dark or the wrong tone.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the grey will look good. Maybe they can have some eucalyptus in their bouquets to tie it in?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The grey tones would match the mountains, giving it a nice rustic aesthetic while the blush would allow the girls to stand out a tad more in front of the mountains due to the contrast. It's also easier for men to work with grey when picking their outfits to coordinate. Since you're doing a summer rustic wedding, I personally suggest a slightly lighter grey as it's less somber and could brighten up the look if your day happens to take place during a typical Alberta overcast. But really, you can't go wrong either way.

Your gold setting goes with anything and both bridesmaids and groomsmen can easily wear accessories with a yellow gold look like bracelets, watches, earrings, necklaces, etc to tie them together.

If you want to explore other colours, try earthy colours like olive or deep green, burgundy and browns.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics