Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Frequent user June 2024 Ontario

Wedding colors/ themes

Erin, on February 8, 2021 at 23:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question for you.
My SO and I have decided on our main colors being red and white but we are battling with choosing an accent color. We were thinking of either rose gold or lavender as the accent color, now keep in mind we are doing a vintage-modern mash up as the theme. What would you suggest as the accent?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on February 16, 2021 at 11:24
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much and after a long talk my FH and I have decided to go with the rose Good!! !
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Rose gold metallic seems to be the popular vote to go with your vintage-modern theme. The colour coordination looks good as it adds the shiny aspect to the neutral and bright solid red. It does look good of a combination.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Alexis,
    Thank you so much for this idea!!
    We didn't think about doing a swatch test. I will definitely be trying this idea out!!!
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tania,
    Thank you so much love it seems that rose gold is the popular vote haha which is funny because that was the color that my F.H/S.O picked however we were not sure how it would look and we even debated on the rose gold as centerpieces and lavender place settings (napkins and such) but we didn't know how that would look either so we scraped it and asked for help on here. Thank you so much for your help!!!!
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hank,
    Thank you so much!! We have been debating the accent color for a while now we even thought about doing Rose gold centerpieces with lavender place settings (napkins and such) however we were not sure about that so we scraped the idea and decided to ask for help here. Thank you so much for your help!!!
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends on your shade of red.. Either could work it done absolutely spot on but there’s so much room for screwups if things are even slightly off it could make your wedding really clash. Definitely build colour swatches! We based the shade of orange in our wedding off the swatches of lavender. Orange and lavender definitely doesn’t normally look good together but it goes really nicely with the palette we made. I think your lavender or rose gold could potentially work
  • Tania
    Newbie August 2021 Baja California Sur
    Tania ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with rose gold. This would compliment the red and white better 😌
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Rose gold would bring out the vintage aspect since it's a metallic colour.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Kimberly!!!
  • Kimberly
    Curious November 2021 Manitoba
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could try https://coolors.co/ to help you. You can generate colors and lock in colors till you get 3 colors you like.
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Christiana that's a really great point!
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with rose gold. I think it will complement the red and act as a neutral. Lavender will compete with the red and I think they could easily clash.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics