Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Iulia
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Wedding Checklist/timeline

Iulia, on June 9, 2020 at 00:07 Posted in Tech support 0 9

Hi everyone, I hope you are all keeping safe and healthy.

I just signed up on this site and started working on my checklist/timeline. My wedding date is August 1, 2021 and I noticed that the timeline refers to months 10-12 as "before October." I think October is still considered the 10th month, so wouldn't it have to be included in that period as well? Like many of you, this is my first time planning a wedding and I'm not hiring extra help, so I want to make sure I don't miss anything that needs to be dealt with within that time frame. What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance!

Stay well.

Iulia

9 Comments

Latest activity by Iulia, on June 9, 2020 at 17:37
  • Iulia
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Iulia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much for your help! I think I will make a draft checklist for now, and will edit it as needed as I go along with the planning process. I have also set up my budget, the maximum number of people we will have at the wedding, and have reached out to our preferred venues. So far, so good!

I'm very grateful for your advice. I never imagined finding so much support during this process. This website is fantastic, as are all of you! Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't forget, venue site visits will take much longer than normal because of the pandemic. If you're looking to use a banquet hall, many of them are still closed in Ontario. By the time you settle on a venue with your preferred date, it could be months from now and next thing you know, you're at your 10 month out mark.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As many people here have said I wouldn’t worry a lot about certain timelines. With that being said... because a lot of 2020 weddings have been moved to 2021, you want to start planning ASAP in order to secure your vendors ☺️
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course! Hope you enjoy the planning!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't stress too much about the dates that WW sets. You can also edit them if things seem too soon or too far out (like maybe you want your florist booked way before dress shopping, that's ok!).

Tackle what you feel is the big stuff first, generally it's the how much/where/who is coming that dictate other parts of planning. If you want 200 people that changes the venue you need, and when/where might influence your dress and so on, and the budget dictates all. We picked our photographer first with a few loose dates selected, then our venue, then my dress.
  • Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like Amanda said work on your big items.

What I did was first write out a draft guest list to know my guest count. I then reached out to multiple venues. I made an excel spreadsheet for each venue, including cost for decor, transportation, etc, to determine how much a wedding would cost at each venue with a specific number of guests.
    That's how I ended up determining a budget and whether or not I needed to reduce guest count. Not unless you have a set budget already.
    Research photographers, DJs, and officiants and once you have your wedding date secured at the venue, you can reach out and book with those vendors.
    I also use The Knot for wedding timeline
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Amanda - don't worry too much as to the timeline that the WW checklist gives you!! Even when I was planning my wedding back in 2018 there were things that I'm glad I got out of the way before the checklist said to and things on there that I didn't need to do until later even though the checklist had it early on in the order. I really just used it more as a reference to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

• Iulia
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Iulia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, Amanda! This is very helpful. 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would start planning as soon as you can! Dates for vendors and venues will be filling up fast with couples from this season having to postpone to next year and for couples that are already planning on 2021 dates! I personally haven't gone by the dates that they had laid out. Get your big things out of the way first. Like your venue, photographer, DJ, and your Officiant. And go from there Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics