Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bridget
Curious August 2018 Alberta

Wedding Ceremony Time?

Bridget, on February 6, 2018 at 23:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
What time of day is best to have an outdoor wedding ceremony in August in Alberta?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Bridget, on February 8, 2018 at 15:30
  • Bridget
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Bridget ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Everyone!

I am going to have a cival ceremony in the afternoon outside in the mountains. I have contacted a few photographers and they had suggested to allow 4 hour for photography following the ceremony? Does this sound about right?

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Bridget, will there be any shelter in case of bad weather, or even an indoor option in case of some really bad weather? Have you selected a venue yet or are you starting your search now? I'd love to see the space you're considering

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're thinking about heat, the morning is the best time to avoid your guests sitting in the hot sun. It really depends if you're going to be at a higher elevation (in the mountains), then it may be different. All depends on the venue, how much shade there is and what you consider important, as Jamie mentioned.

• Jamie
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there!
    I would think an afternoon wedding would be best, 2/3/4? Depends on what time your reception/cocktail hour will begin and how much time you want your guests to have in between! Will also depend on your type of ceremony - is it going to be a short civil ceremony? Or will it be a religious ceremony that is longer?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics