Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Wedding Ceremony - Indoors or Outdoors?

Lynnie, on May 30, 2019 at 15:26 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 22

Will you say your "I dos" out in the open air? Or is your ceremony taking place inside?

Where is your wedding ceremony taking place? What type of venue? Smiley ring

Indoor Ceremony?Wedding Ceremony - Indoors or Outdoors? 1

Photo of The Lake House in Calgary by Photographik Or Outdoor Ceremony?Wedding Ceremony - Indoors or Outdoors? 2

Photo from Brock House Restaurant in Vancouver

22 Comments

Latest activity by Seleena, on June 3, 2019 at 12:54
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours will be taking place outside on a large sundeck with the ocean and mountains as a backdrop.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is planned for outside!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The plan was outdoors but our venue did have an indoor space as well. The weather was raining on and off in the morning. When it came time for the venue to setup it was sunny so we said outside. It started raining right before I walked down the aisle. We said our vows outside but then the wind and rain picked up so we moved it inside!
  • Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours will be outdoors and my Fiancé's family cottage on the Atlantic ocean. They demonished half of it in October to put on an addition as they plan on moving out there full time, but everyone cross your fingers that it will be done on time!! 70 days to go!
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Outdoors, lake front. In the exact spot as below (just a foot back from here)

Wedding Ceremony - Indoors or Outdoors? 3

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours will hopefully be outdoors. I know I shouldn't stress about the weather and we have an indoor Plan B, but I know I'll be really disappointed if it rains us out. Our venue has beautiful grounds, gorgeous vineyards, and is right on Lake Huron so it would be a huge bummer to have to worry about rain during all the outdoor photos we want.

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is *hopefully* going to be outside - the weather has not been too kind to Ontario brides this year so far. If not, I am okay with plan#b which is to host it inside our venue, upstairs where the room is an A frame with a wall of windows - I would happily accept the pouring rain but would rather we have it outside. *fingers crossed*

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Inside! we’re getting married in early june, and I didn’t want to have to stress about potential weather disasters
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is indoor at a church

• Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding ceremony will be inside in our synagogue
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our will be outdoors weather permits, Im hoping that it will not rain that day otherwise we will do back up indoors.
  • Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is going to be outside at a vineyard that faces the beach! It’s like we get both for one! Super excited!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having it outdoors was a huge thing for us. It rained on and off all day until it cleared up at 2 when they needed to start setting up the ceremony and it stayed clear until about 5 when the family photos were done and we had gotten a couple wedding party photos. We couldn't have been luckier!

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% outdoors! We're looking into booking a space near the Saskatchewan river!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Weather permitting, the ceremony will be happening outside. If it rains, we'll do it on the patio of the venue.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had hoped to have our ceremony out on the deck at the golf club we were married at, but with light drizzle the morning of the wedding, we had to go with the "rain plan" and have it inside.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having an indoor ceremony - I would have loved to have it in a garden, but my FH's family is staunchly Catholic, so we didn't really have a choice Smiley sad

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well - it's all dependant on weather! But we would like to have it outside on the dock on the river Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're a little bit of both - our ceremony is in an atrium so if the day is nice, we could open the retractable ceiling and get an open air feel - but it's primarily indoors.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Outside on the beach Smiley love

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Out in the open! Our venue has gardens that they have done up specifically for ceremonies, I can't wait!

• Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Open Air. It gets me excited.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics