Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Devoted September 2019 Quebec

Wedding ceremony at public - Help?!?!

Stephanie, on September 28, 2018 at 17:56 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4
Hello everyone,
I found a beautiful restaurant for my reception and just 15min walk from the place where my fiance proposed, a small park next to the lake (no jungle gyms, just paths, green and trees). I was hoping to do my ceremony there provided no rain but I dont know where I can get a permit (afraid of cost) and where to get decent chairs that dont cost me 500$ for 50-60 people.
I only found quotes which require me to have them for 48hours....I need them for 3 hours!
I will be legally married in court by the time I have the ceremony so it's a just a ceremony where I dont have the sign anything! Smiley smile

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! ♡

4 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on October 1, 2018 at 19:20
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most parks are owned by the city/township/town so you would need to contact them for the rental.
    chair rentals are expensive because most places rent them at a standard price, not by hour. Since it’s close to the restaurant, you could always ask if you could borrow chairs from them for the ceremony. The worse thing is that they say no.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    TJey won’t just rent them to you for 3-4 hrs because they will have to pull them from inventory for at least a day. Also, if they aren’t open to process pickup/returns on a weekend then you’ll have to keep them 48hrs. But if your able to pickup and return them on the same day them you can ask about reducing it to only 24hr if they are open on weekends.
  • Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I emailed the City asking for info etc since I recently moved to a different province so I cant physically be there until December. They never seem to answer the phone either. Smiley sad

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd start by talking to Town or City hall about the space, and see if you can rent it.

Next, I would speak directly with the chair rental places and see what can be done for the few hours you need.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics