Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious May 2023 Ontario

Wedding budget

Rayann, on March 4, 2019 at 21:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Ok I probably post a lot of questions here. So my mom is willing to buy my gown as a gift. Should I include this to my budget or opt it out? I told my mom I dont want to over a certain amount of money. I wanted a simple dress. I do have an estimated budget which the dress is included. If my mom offer do I take it out from my budget? I also would like to see how much I actually spend at the end of the big day. Has anyone went over their project? Also I'm looking for a good decent fake flowers to get in bulk. I decided to do fake flowers for centrepieces. I'm from Woodbridge Ontario Canada if the location helps out. Thanks everyone

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on April 26, 2019 at 21:52
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did not realize my mom would buy my dress but I knew she would give us some money. We still budgeted everything so if we ended up saving it was just a bonus.
  • R
    Curious May 2023 Ontario
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you . I'm all about finding good prices and it's reasonable.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did ponder the same as putting or outing the cost of the wedding outfit my parents bought me. I decided to include the cost because end of the day, its how much you look at your day spent on your wedding.

Bulk fake flowers can be rented too if you wish it wouldn't be wise to spend that much on real ones. Search around to see where the best place is giving the price and less worry about storing or reselling. Its unbelievable how much you save too by comparing to the cost of purchase.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is an amazing price

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree, take the dress out of your budget

• M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My groomswoman ordered the flowers, and she's assembling them herself (another way to save some money - if you order them assembled, if you are paying for someone else to organize them!).

• R
    Curious May 2023 Ontario
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Michelle. Do you know the name of the site where you got the fake flowers?
  • M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did what Bianca suggested. My mom bought my dress, and I allocated the dress money else where (are you getting a reception dress?). I'm using the budget chart on this website to help keep on track of things.

I also went with fake flowers to keep the costs low (I'm in BC, but my groomswoman found a place in the states. She got my bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 2 mother-in-law corsages, 6 boutonnieres, and the flower girls' corsage for $100. We have taken a lot of tester photos with the bouquets, and I can't tell that they are fake!).

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in a similar situation with my parents paying for parts of the wedding. What I'm doing is still tracking it in the budget, but Wedding Wire's budget tracker gives you an option to say who paid for what (when you add a payment for something).

I mostly just want to know how much the wedding is costing as a whole, but in your case, it'd be safe to take your dress out of your personal budget and now have some extra money to put into extras.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Bianca - If you are not paying for it, it is not part of your budget. It is your mom's budget.

I would personally reallocate the amount you budgeted to other things.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Rayann! I'm also in Woodbridge!

My mom is purchasing my dress too so I decided to allocate that money somewhere else (like my flowers). I've been looking at any monetary "gifts" as just a nice extra bonus, but am keeping diligent note of everything so I know how much the whole thing costs at the end of the day too Smiley smile As for fake flowers, I can't help you there lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics