Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie December 2020 British Columbia

Wedding Band With Changing Body Weight

Jon, on November 24, 2019 at 15:02 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6

During April to September I stop going to the gym and spend my excess energy playing outdoor sports. As a result, I find myself loosing quite a lot of weight (dropping from 165lbs to 140lbs last season). I'm about to get married and am wedding band shopping and I realized my ring size increased from a size 7 to size 8 over the year.

Any suggestions as how to deal with buying a ring when your ring size changes?

My current ideas are
- Buy multiple cheaper bands of various sizes
- Wear ring around necklace but I need to figure out the ideal ring size as I need to wear the ring in more formal occasions

6 Comments

Latest activity by Matteo, on December 26, 2023 at 00:05
  • M
    Newbie February 2008 Yucatán
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there Jon!!

Since your wedding isn't for another 12 months, perhaps you would be able to wait and see whether your fluctuating ring size will settle on one size or another.

There are different appliances that you can add to your ring if it is too big to make it more snug on your finger. These are available on Amazon but probably in jewelers stores also.

As a last resort, your ring can easily be resized by a jeweler to fit you correctly.

Silicone rings are a great idea for when you are playing sports too! Have you looked into these at all?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would get the ring closer to the end of next year and determine your ring size then. dont buy it too early but worse can rings can always be resized!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with the size that is bigger and then if you are in need to wear it and it's too big on your finger at least you can make do and put some string or tape around it to make it tighter?

As for me - it's the same thing but my finger fluctuates all in the matter of a day... it's weird... some times it's too big and could fall off when washing my hands and other times I can't even get it on/off my finger!

My DH bought me a necklace for Valentine's and I usually wear it on there while wearing a silicone ring (Don't buy Enso!!! so much money - get a pack of them off of Amazon.ca for less and they do the trick just as good!)

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with the enso rings. Both myself and my husband have one for our more active times. We actually both wore these our whole honeymoon so we didn’t lose the good ones.
    You could get the little sizers that go on your ring when you go out until you are ready to get it sized
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you thought about silicone rings for your more active season?

You could get a traditional band for the off season and a silicone band or two for when you are more active. Enso has gorgeous ones (my fiance wants one as he works with his hands a lot) and they go on sale quite often.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics