Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beth
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Wedding band ideas

Beth, on January 16, 2018 at 14:01 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13
Hey ladies!
I’m having a hard time figuring out what I want my wedding band to look like with my engagement ring, and was hoping some of you might share pictures of what yours look like together? I’m not a very blingy gal, and further don’t want to spend more than $200 so I’m thinking something simple that will look somewhat cohesive with the engagement ring.

Wedding band ideas 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 22, 2018 at 14:26
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My engagement ring was custom made so there was no other option than to get a band that fit it.

Engagement ring

Wedding band ideas 2

Wedding band and engagement ring

I think you should either stick with a simple band in a similar metal or get a small custom piece made to fit the ring shape.

• S
    Beginner October 2018 Quebec
    Stéphanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I work at a jewelry store, so here are a few questions for you.

1. What material do you want? White Gold, silver, platinum? Depending on what you chose, the price will vary.

2. Do you want the form to match the ring perfectly? As in there is no visible space between the ring and band? I ask this because finding that kind of curve if not bought as a set is highly unlikely. You may even have to get it custome made and that is well over $200.

If if you can answer those, I may be able to help point you in the right direction.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I also second that. Also great ring!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I WOULD LOVE TO SEND A PICTURE! But, I went in on Saturday to pick out my wedding band, and I liked it so I bought it.

In order to make sure that it fits properly with my engagement ring, they took my engagement ring for two weeks while they make the band!

So I'm ring less right now Smiley sad Its actually devastating feeling. I'll post a picture when I get it back haha.

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes ! Thank youSmiley smile
  • Beth
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Beth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can you send a pic?? I’m so lost.
  • Melanie
    Newbie July 2018 Prince Edward Island
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is that Morganite? It's gorgeous!!
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww your ring is beautiful!! Love it! Sort of similar to mine!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a similar band on my engagement ring, it came as a set though so we went to the store it was purchased at to see what they had.

I also thought I was not a blingy girl. I like really basic stuff. But I ended up going with a band with some diamonds on it cause it finished off the look a bit more.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is a very thin solid band that just wraps around the engagement ring. It came as a set with my engagement ring, so I didn't have much choice, but it'll definitely match it, and not very blingy, which I prefer.

My RingWedding band ideas 3

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with a very simple rose gold band that almost matches exactly to the band on my engagement ring. Very simple and inexpensive about 280$ at peoples ! Which i feel lucky i found one so close because my ring is from Olive Avenue and I was worried I would end up having to order a matching ring from them which would have cost alot more then i wanted to spend on a band especially with the currency exchange...

Wedding band ideas 4
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a marquise centre stone so it was difficult finding something that will fit around it. I want something dainty that isn't distracting. I am going in to a jeweler to have one made. I'm not sure what it will cost yet. It's on the to do list. I found this picture as inspiration. This would really suit your ring as well. It would need to be soldered by a jewler.

Wedding band ideas 5
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since you have a fairly unique shaped ring, it may be worth bringing it to the place where it was purchased to see if there is a matching band or if one can be made. I have a split shank engagement ring, so my bands had to be custom made in order to fit snugly with the engagement ring so they would rub together and get damaged. (Beautiful ring, btw!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics