Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mandy
Curious May 2024 Alberta

Wedding band for split shank Help!!!

Mandy, on June 24, 2021 at 11:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 21
Wedding band for split shank Help!!! 1Please help!! I’m struggling trying to find a band for my split shank halo with accents! It didn’t come with a band, and I think it may be too wide for an enhancer. I’ve tried a curved band and a normal diamond band but none of the ones I’ve tried “line” up properly the way I want it. The other half of my struggle…. Is the fact my e-ring is Canadian diamonds and there aren’t a ton of Canadian options so… do I go with a plain white gold band? What do your mix-matched bands look like? I’m struggling real hard right now and I’ve been looking for two weeks. Hubby got my ring at Peoples. Thanks brides!! 🙏🏽

21 Comments

Latest activity by Mandy, on June 25, 2021 at 21:33
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good point. I’m probably just over-analyzing. Not sure why I’m so obsessed with Them. Maybe it’s the source I’m not sure but I’ll try going back to the jeweller and see what they can do to try and pair me with something
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think I just need to go there again lol.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Diamonds are diamonds. It doesn't matter whether they're Canadian, lab grown, or blood diamonds - although for obvious reasons we should all be doing our research to make sure we're buying ethically sourced diamonds. You won't see a difference in the rings unless you go with a different colour or a drastically different quality of diamond. What's going to make the difference is the overall design of the band.

Is there a different location you can go to that might have different band options like the one you saw in the review? Or maybe if you contact People's directly they can help you out?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly, if it's just a matching obsession, you don't need to have stones from the same country. You just need to find diamonds of the same colour and clarity, which can be from any country. And differences in stones that small won't be noticeable to the naked eye. The bands you claim to have seen that match probably aren't even an actual match but they look close enough to our naked eye.

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s not that I’m worried about blood diamonds but I just want an exact match from the same line if I can, just for OCD reasons otherwise I’ll obsess over it in a negative way. It’s a little hard to explain. And since I won’t be soldering them together i just want to make sure they’re as close to the same as possible. I did see one woman with a perfectly matched band but I have no way of contacting her lol
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there a particular reason you need the diamonds to be Canadian? If you're worried about blood diamonds, there are certifications of standard for this sort of thing. You can also go the lab grown route.

I also would not rule out moissanite. I'd advise against it if you were comparable two sizable stones but with these small ones encapsulated in such an intricate band, it would be very hard to notice the difference. Even diamonds itself have scale differently on colour and clarity so it's pretty common for the stones to not be an exact match anyway.

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks love ❤️ I’m so excited for that to happen
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sure you will find the one soon enough!! ❤ when you find the perfect one you'll just know!
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh your so lucky to have found your perfect band! I really hope to find mine soon. I love my ring so much, I really want to make sure I love my band just as much.
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right!! That’s what we said too! I may try the other jeweller I just got ahold of. I haven’t asked about Canadian diamonds yet but I have seen some of their custom work and it looks beautiful.
    I haven’t thought of lab created 🤔 interesting thought!
  • Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Weird! I don't understand why that would be the case since you'd think smaller diamonds would be easier to come by? But maybe there are reasons or he just doesn't have a supplier? What about lab diamonds?

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really is a perfect match! The sides match up as well! There's absolutely no difference of where it ends for the diamonds. It's the exact same!

That was my worry when we had ordered it that it wasn't going to match where the diamonds end because they only go to about where my fingers touch together (they don't go all the way around the ring) but when I tried them on together they match up perfectly!

Thank you! It really does sparkle a lot. I've gotten so many compliments from customers at my work

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was our original thought as well, we do have a jeweller but apparently Canadian diamonds are hard to find in small sizes to fit a band 🤷🏽‍♀️ I don’t know if he’s being honest or not Lolol
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh how beautiful! It is a perfect match! The sides match up also? Like where the diamonds start on the side in between your fingers? Your ring looks like it sparkles so much too I love halo’s
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course!

I actually have a better picture on my phone

Thank you! It matches perfectly! You can tell a lot better in this picture I took when I got it back from the jewelry store

Wedding band for split shank Help!!! 2

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you're not finding anything you like at stores I would highly suggest going to a jeweller that does custom work for a consultation. Since your ring is pretty unique going the custom route will probably give you the most options and flexibility.

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually I just found it on your profile. It’s gorgeous! Do the diamonds in your band match the size in your shank?
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That might be my only option at this point. You must have been so anxious waiting for it to come in. In the Exact same way, I need to see it and try it first hand before I can Make my decision lol. Can I see your set?
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That really sucks I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time finding the right one. If you really like the one that they have to special order for you, maybe go with that one. You have enough time that special ordering it wouldn't be an issue if that's the one that you're leaning towards.

I had to order my wedding band as well since they didn't carry the band in store so my fiance and I were going off of a sketch artist picture for the jewelry store. I was defiantly nervous because I'm the type of person that wants to see something before I purchase it you know. So having to pay for something before hand was making me go crazy. It took about 4-5 months to come in and when it did I was so relieved. It matches my engagement ring perfectly

• Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have, unfortunately I’ve gone twice to peoples and haven’t found anything that I absolutely loved. I asked if they’d break up a set for me and they said they could they would just have to special order it 6 months in advance 😱 i found a lady in the reviews that had a beautifully matched ring, it’s just unfortunate they aren’t able to verify who she is or what band she has. So frustrated lol.
    I’d also like to stick with peoples since the ring is from their celebration line, I’d really love to keep it all the same if I can help it.
    Boo
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you gone to Peoples to see if they're able to match some bands for you or even different jewelry stores might have a close match maybe?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics