Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christy
Curious September 2017 British Columbia

Wedding band

Christy, on June 7, 2017 at 23:42 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14
Is everybody getting a wedding band ? I was originally planning on getting a band for my engagement ring but I've been looking and found another ring that I am considering trading up for. But the problem is, it really doesn't need a band in my opinion? It's super sparkly and looks great on its own. Its by Vera Wang 😁The last picture with the single diamond is my current ring and its a Canadian diamond.What ta do??

Wedding band - 1

Wedding band - 2

Wedding band - 3

Wedding band - 4

14 Comments

Latest activity by Denise, on June 13, 2017 at 12:32
  • Denise
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Denise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got a delicate diamond band (baguette stones and solitaire) to match my engagement ring from I Do Now I Don't. May also get a plain gold band in the near future.

You likely need a custom band though to match your ring. Why not add more bling? ;-)

• Chelsey
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Rekramer! You won't want to wear your engagement ring everyday because your hands go through a lot of wear and tear! Love the ring choice! Vera Wang has such stunning rings! hehe

I'm getting a similar wedding band to my engagement ring, same designer. It has a slight curve to fit nicely around the engagement but also adds a little funkiness alone! Smiley ring

Engagement Engagement

Wedding Band Wedding Band

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think wedding bands are important, even a simple metal one, to go with the engagement ring. In my mind engagement rings are optional and wedding bands are not.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Rings are very pretty... Mine is a plain band that belonged to his great grandmother... They were not made for each other but look good together.

Wedding band - 1
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Christy! I totally love the ring! Smiley love

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im getting a half moon to fit around my ring like the first picture. It's has to be custom but the price was reasonable. This way the band won't go under the sunken halo it around it. You could try something like that!

Wedding band - 1

Wedding band - 2
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the ring. We have Wedding bands. mine is channel diamond, My FH is MY Grandfather's ring melted down and made into his band.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ring came as a set. I LOVE that vera wang ring

Wedding rings

(Mine is obviously the smaller one with diamonds lol)

• Christy
    Christy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Laura☺️💕That's a good idea too about what your friend does👌🏼 Thank you
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could just have a plain band that you use for the ceremony and for times when you can't wear the Vera Wang but still want a ring. If you want to have a wedding band at all. I have a friend who has always had a plain band that she wears for work and the her wedding set with all the diamonds that she wears when she is going out. she never wears the 2 things together but she gets good used from both. Also that Vera Wand is beautiful! Congratualtions! Smiley smile Smiley heart

• Christy
    Christy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ended off trading for the Vera wang but the problem now is I don't like the way it looks with a band so I didn't get one Smiley amazing
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Traditional for bands to be used at the ceremony. Then the engagement ring goes on top. But he can put that Vera wang ring on your finger at the ceremony.
  • Christy
    Christy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have no idea lol ! I like that Vera wang ring with all the diamonds. I did try it on with the band and it seems like way too much diamond? Is it tradition to use a band or for bands to be exchanged at the wedding ceremony ?
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm surprised it doesn't come with a matching band since it's so unique. I've seen girls wear just the ring and not a band. It will be fine if you just wear the ring.. it is beautiful. What is he gunna put on your finger at the wedding? That ring?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics