Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daily
Expert August 2022 Ontario

Wedding backdrop

Daily, on August 4, 2021 at 07:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Wedding backdrop 1
So yesterday my wedding backdrop canceled on me and she returned back my deposit. I know I shouldn’t take it personal but uhh!! Well my sister said it better that she canceled on you right now than closer to your wedding. The reason she canceled on me was due to she is reevaluating her plan next year and she can’t guarantee me the date. But isn’t that the deposits are for?!!! I know the REAL reason because I locked down the price for $150 but now her posts are saying $250. Sorry ladies I have to get this out my chest! Anyone please live in ottawa know any backdrop rental 200-300$ let me know please. Thank you

15 Comments

Latest activity by Daily, on August 7, 2021 at 15:06
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’re right!! But I think I find someone on market place, we haven’t finalized anything yet. Just started to tell her how I want my arch/ backdrop to decorate. We will see if I’m sure then I’ll give the deposit to lock down the date🤗
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Daily,
    Sorry that you went through that. Like you said, it’s bad business and at least you have a year out to keep an eye out for other ideas. They could have communicated with you first and let you know the plans, however they didn’t. We will face down challenges in the planning while we succeed in some. You will definitely find another option. Wishing you all the best!!

Our venue has an arch that I plan to decorate with tulle and flowers like this…Wedding backdrop 2

What is this backdrop supposed to be for? I’m looking into DIYing a backdrop for our sweetheart table. My dad will assist me with PVC pipes and make this below…Wedding backdrop 3
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Stacey. You’re right she might not care but like you said it is bad business
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know it’s her loss!! Omg you’re right the odd of having another on a Thursday eh! Plus 150$ is better than nothing. At least I have plenty of time to look for another one. Thanks Rayanne. I felt better reading all the response. I thought maybe I might be over reacting and take it personal.
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg!! That looks so nice!! And thanks for the advice. Yea if I buy then I’ll have to be careful with the measurements and setup. That’s why I chose renting. One less thing to do on the day of the wedding
  • Elena
    Curious November 2020 Ontario
    Elena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Daily,

For my wedding I had the idea to buy an arbour from Home Depot and decorate it with flowers and/or fabric. Then I was going to put the arbour in our garden as a reminder of the wedding. I ended up buying the arbour attached, however did not actually end up using it as my ceremony plans changed a million times due to Covid. (It did end up in the garden though.) However, it’s an idea and there are other arbours you can purchase too if you wish. Also there are some wedding backdrop options available on Amazon but you need to be careful with dimensions and be mindful of exactly the product you are getting. (As some are photos and not actual 3D items. Good luck! 😀Wedding backdrop 4

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really is her loss. The odds of her having another wedding on a Thursday? Honestly isn't a lower rate better than not having any rate for that day? You would think that honouring your commitments would be important for a small business. Sorry you have to look again but I am glad she is giving you sufficient time.
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe not immediately, but I'd write back to her privately. Though, she most likely won't care. Smiley atonished

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Stacey. That was nice of him honouring the deal. I felt bad about writing or posting this on Facebook and Instagram. I totally understand it’s covid and small business suffered but just be honest with me. Also my wedding is on a Thursday so she’s lying. That’s what my sister said I thought deposit is hold the date you want. But at least I know one year in advance.
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's poor business practice.

Your deposit is to hold your date and lock you in at the price you were given. Businesses re-evaluate and change costs often, my photographer told me upfront that his prices were going up but he'd honour the lower price if we put down a deposit before a certain date.

Definitely someone you don't want to work with, glad you at least got your money back. I'd rate them on the marketplace.

Good luck finding someone else. At least you have plenty of time!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding backdrop 5
    This is what she messaged me yesterday
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! I feel better getting this out my chest. I know it’s just business but she should at least give me the options to decide if I wanna stay with her if she raise it to $250. The thing is I don’t mind paying 250$. Plus my wedding is august 4 2022 so I have exactly one year. But her reason to dropped me as a client is not good enough.
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Hank! I know it’s just business but at least be honest. I don’t mind paying 250$ either!! Well it’s her loss
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Terrible to drop you as a client because of a lower cost rental. The vendor should have been honest from the start and just put the price as is shown than hiding it. I wish you luck in finding this gorgeous background. Best suggestion is googling the internet for décor rentals and inquiring personally as you did with this vendor. Its true what your sister said about dropping you now than later and having nothing to have as your backdrop and paying triple the price for a late notice.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh, people who are greedy will have what's coming to them. At least you got your money back.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics