Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Linda
Curious October 2022 Ontario

Wedding

Linda, on October 7, 2021 at 20:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
What is everyones thoughts on planning a ceremony for a parent that is sick that you would like at your wedding then next year hosting a ceremony with everyone and a reception as well

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 15, 2021 at 21:21
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your wedding can take place though a camera can be set up to have the parent (s) watch it on their phone or tv (connection through phone). This way you feel they are present for the ceremony. Its all how you look at the timing and situation to base of having an intimate wedding and holding the reception for later to have the parent present.

• Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just got married September 25th and my mother and law is very sick. We postponed from last year and wouldn’t postpone again because we wanted her to be a part of the day. It was also something that she has been living for. It meant so much for us to have her there. We had a very small wedding of 25 and I wouldn’t change a thing. If you want them to be there you’ll make it happen.
  • Linda
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ! Just such a pain
  • Linda
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you !
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If those people aren't you or fiancé they don't get a say. If you want both sets of parents and the future is unknown, go ahead and do a small legal ceremony, then do a big splashy wedding on your anniversary... Be it a year or two or 10 down the road.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't know why people feel the need to dictate what you do with your life. They're not in your shoes. Ignore the people who don't have your best interests at heart and you do you.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It can take quite a bit of time and energy to plan a reception and if you don't feel you have that luxury right now then get married and have reception later. Have a beautiful ceremony for those nearest and dearest and plan the rest for later if that's what you want. Spend the time doing and being with those you love, nothing is ever guaranteed.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do what's best for you and don't listen to what everyone else is saying. They are not in your shoes. I don't see the big deal of having the ceremony twice.

• Linda
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you a lot of ppl are so against it an saying ur already married just do the whole thing now
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think that if you want your parents to witness you getting married because you don't know what the future holds, I say do it. You don't want to regret not having your parents see you get married. You will never get those days back and those moments.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics