Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Newbie May 2019 Manitoba

Wedding

Elizabeth, on March 8, 2018 at 19:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Is there places in winnipeg to "rent a cake" . I know they do that in the states, to save money

5 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on March 10, 2018 at 10:42
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't heard of renting cakes but I have seen ones you can buy on the Facebook groups. Just keep an eye open or post that you are looking for one and see. I got a lot of my wedding stuff off of Facebook 😊
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Does your venue have a dessert option? We were just going to do a tiny cake to cut but decided to just get a small cake (we are having a dessert menu at the reception, so we have a cake that would feed 1/2 the amount of guests)
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is a another solution to save costs. Buy fake tiers and put icing on it with the top tier being the real tier.

Buy a slab of cake and have the staff cut it and serve the slices or place on the dessert bar for your guests. I would go with a smaller size slab since all the guests may not be cake eaters.
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree Ashley! Or do something different and cheaper such as a diy sweets table. The cake is really just for cutting in pics so having a fake one doesn't make much a difference lol
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If a cake is not in your budget, then I would suggest skipping this entirely. I find the fake ones odd, I just don't get It. It draws attention to the fact that there isn't a cake. A lot of couples opt for a small, affordable, 8" cake, decorated nicely and share it with just their parents and wedding party only. This is what we are doing as well 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics