Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner October 2020 British Columbia

Websites and Rsvps

Vanessa, on April 18, 2020 at 00:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hopeful October Bride here. I sent out my wedding invites 3 weeks ago during the peak of the pandemic. Fully knowing that the wedding may have to be postponed as gathering are banned. So far 1/2 the guests have gone to the website and only 4 people have RSVP'D should I be concerned? And do i need to spell it out on the website that the wedding will be postponed if social gatherings are still banned and the spread of the virus is not contained? It just seems like a blemish on such a beautiful thing for me. And I was wanting to use the website to collect there email addresses so I would not have to call 80 people and explain that the wedding is postponed. It just seems like a daunting and horrible task for me to have to think about doing. Thanks

5 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on April 23, 2020 at 01:33
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah I see what you did. I thought you collected everyone's emails prior to sending out invites. The one unfortunate side effect of your method is that you can't send nudges via mass email as a reminder to RSVP since you need people to respond before an email is collected. So it looks you you do need to contact by text, phone, or social media each individual invite if you're looking to remind them.

That being said, I would wait until the day after the deadline before messaging anyone in your case. Once the deadline has passed, you will likely have received a majority of responses.

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry pressed enter too fast there. I think people are aware that things might change close to your date given the current pandemic. I do think that if you were to postpone you still would have to reach out to each guest, and update your website. It really seems more daunting than it really is ( postponed ours last month). You send one mass email and update your website accordingly, but I wouldn’t mention it until you do decide to postpone.
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that you have nothing to worry about yet. In my opinion it is still really early to get rsvp for an October wedding.
  • V
    Beginner October 2020 British Columbia
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the response. I just keep hearing from my guests they dont know how to RSVP. Which means they are not reading the invite and I was getting concerned. I am using Wix as my website and they do have mass email options as long as people go there and submit a question or RSVP. I dont have everyones email address so I am hoping if I have to postpone I can do a mass email from the website instead of calling everyone individually.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When is your RSVP deadline? As an event planner, I can honestly say the majority of attendees tend to rsvp/book tickets for events during the last two weeks leading up to the deadline so if your RSVP deadline is not coming up soon, I wouldn't stress too much. If it is, you can nudge them the week of the deadline and include info about potential cancellation/postponement due to government restrictions.

Which site are you using? Majority of the ones I've seen allows mass communication with all guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics