Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Heidi
Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia

Website instead of invites

Heidi, on February 13, 2020 at 14:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 10
Has anyone JUST done a website?
Not concerned about grandparents, we both only have 1, mine is 21+ hr flight away (things always get lost in the mail) and his is tech savvy.
How did you go abouts it? Getting people's emails?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 18, 2020 at 16:44
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah we did a website and did our save the dates with a website. its been great we added all the hotel info on there as well. everyone has an email. kids moms dad aunts uncles cousins they all do. i found most emails on peoples fbs. so many people have them there!

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just did a website! So happy with how it turned out. Everyone appreciated it, as they just get lost or thrown out anyhow. I just resent the link as we're less than two months away.

Only one aunt made a fuss, and I printed out her own personalized invitation just to appease her.

I just asked for the emails! But most of them we already had.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sometimes its hard to make it to wedding that can't be within our limits and work basis time frame. Your solution works best for what you two like to do.

• Heidi
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are 100% right in that, they will end up in the garbage.
    That is what we are leaning towards i think, website!
    Thanks
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are just doing online invites. I know they will end up in the garbage for most people and I dont want to waste the time, money or paper on something that someone will look at long enough to know details and then forget about. Do what makes you happy Smiley smile
  • Heidi
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I live a 23 hour (flight) away ftom here, i will literally only have my parents, brother and his wife flying over, FHs mom does have addresses from their side (family) but its mainly the fact that they always end up in the garbage and $7 pp is not A LOT but it adds up
  • Heidi
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do like them, they are beautiful.
    But i only have kept 2 invites on my while life, to all the weddings ive been to. (Technically i only went to 1 of the 2) i kept my brothers wedding invite (which i went to) and my cousins (which i couldnt go, its a 26 hour flight and couldnt take time off for such a long trip)
    Every other invite, always ends up in the trash, and its sad.. but thought, could be echo friendly, save $ and also keep it simple
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've started gathering people's emails and addresses in a spreadsheet.

A few people I've just had to straight out say "hi, can I get your email for wedding stuff?" And no one has said no! They all realize that people don't have a little black book of phone numbers and addresses anymore.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its the choice you prefer over paper. Not every couple likes the printed version as the website for its easy access. Do whats best for you both since its your day.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although we sent out physical invites - we still had to somehow get everybody's home address'. We mostly DM'd people through Facebook and asked family if they had each others' instead of asking everybody individually. Parents only had so many, but first try going to the person who was the most recently married or had a baby shower in your families to see if they have a list?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics