Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janis
Curious June 2019 Ontario

Website Guest List Appearance

Janis, on December 24, 2018 at 18:08 Posted in Tech support 0 6
Hey everyone! I don’t know if there’s anyway around this, but when I have guests RSVP, I notice something. Any family members sharing he last name appear. This is okay except for extended immediate family with the same last name. I was hoping someone knew how to hide this?

If not, I’ll leave it as is. I just have a BIG family with the same last names. I didn’t want cousins to see whose invited and who isn’t (yep, there’s a few I excluded).

6 Comments

Latest activity by WeddingWire Support Team, on December 31, 2018 at 09:57
  • WeddingWire Support Team
    WeddingWire Admin December 2018 District of Columbia
    WeddingWire Support Team ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Janis, I'm glad our community was able to help you out here! Feel free to let me know if you have any other follow-up questions. I'll also pass this feedback along to our team to consider for future improvements to the site!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately it's just a feature we have to deal with. The weirdest part for me, is I found that it also included 'similar names' so people with different last names but similar first names got both their name, and someone else...

• Janis
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've decided to let it be. I'll figure it out in regards to who I distribute online RSVPs to prevent people from responding under incorrect names etc. As fir the "snoops" I'll wing it haha.

• Janis
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is helpful advice, maybe I should limit the amount of online RSVPs I distribute then. It's mainly my side that's getting their invites mailed out.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was actually having this discussion with my mom yesterday. We are more worried someone might accidentally accept or decline someone who isnt them....
    One solution maybe just limit who you send to the website to RSVP and who you send return envelopes with the invites?
    I have some family with return RSVPs in the mail and most friends I'm giving an online RSVP! Might be a way to limit who goes online if you're worried about specific people being sneaky?
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not sure how you would fix this unless you ask the family not to show them your invite. Personally there are a few not invited to our wedding, so they won't be able to invite themselves I am having a security Guard and he will be watching over the Cards, gifts and also have a guest list on hand, so pretty much to say if your name isn't on the list your not coming in. But that's me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics