Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gioia
Frequent user July 2021 Quebec

Wearing Wedding Dress twice?

Gioia, on January 31, 2021 at 10:28 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 19
Hello! My fiance and I are getting married this July, but we have been discussing potentially moving the hall to next year (Covid Fears and Travel Restrictions are hurting chances of us just having even our immediate family come)

I really want to wear my wedding dress but I am not sure if I wear it on our wedding date this year and for the hall next year if it would be weird.
Any suggestions? Thanks

19 Comments

Latest activity by Cathrine, on October 19, 2021 at 07:43
  • Emily
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a great thread. I had the same question.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know how you feel - I went through the same predicament. I got married in my home in February and wore a DIFFERENT dress then my "wedding dress" we kept our in home ceremony more casual, and next year we will do the BIG SHOW with the proper dresses, suits etc. We did this also because we live streamed our wedding, so I didn't want people to see the same dress in person next year... Hopefully I will fit in it lol.

It is completely your choice and how YOU feel about it.

• Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am also in this predicament! I feel a bit weird wearing my wedding dress twice too, I can't explain why the idea of it just feels weird to me - maybe because I feel like a wedding dress should be worn once..I don't really know! I am wearing my original dress for the Church ceremony/pictures in June and for next years reception I am thinking either two things.. one is buying a really simple dress that's not too expensive orrrr doing some alterations to my original dress just to change it up a little bit.

• K
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Kendell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no even a question. Wear it twice for sure. Get dolled up both days.
  • R
    Newbie July 2021 British Columbia
    Raveen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am so glad you asked this question! I was asking my fiance the same thing last night. I think we'll have a smaller wedding in July and a big reception next year. I was sad that I spent so much thought and money on a dress that I'll only wear at the small wedding. After discussing with my fiance, I decided I would wear it twice. Now that I've seen this thread, I am definitely wearing it twice!
  • Laura
    Beginner September 2021 Quebec
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also wearing mine twice! If it is your dream dress, do it! It is better to ware it when you are sure you have the chance to do it
  • J
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Life is too short to worry about what others think. Forget everyone else. Do what you want. Brides buy a beautiful dress and spend a lot money on it, might as well enjoy it twice!
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am wearing mine twice! you have too! Its not weird at all! Its all part of your wedding "day" so you have to wear the beautiful attire Smiley winking

• Gioia
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! We are planning to keep our photographer and videographer that we planned for the whole day there that way we will still have all our memories from the day, I dont want that to be taken away for sure thank you for the suggestion 😊
  • Gioia
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you to everyone for your suggestions! It is so greatly appreciated ❤
  • C
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Claudia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wear it twice Smiley smile
  • K
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Kendell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You 100% wear that dress twice! This is the smallest silver lining for stupid covid weddings. You wear it twice and show it off.

I would also suggest. Your ceremony this year have a photographer. If you have one booked already for your reception ask if they have elopement packages. You can get alot of photos in an hour or two and it makes for amazing memories and gives you something now since the world is taking so much from you.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say do it! It’s a great excuse to be able to wear it again.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore mine in October and if all goes well I'll wear it again this October!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say wear it twice!!

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m all for wearing your dress twice. I wore mine for our wedding in November and plan to again for our postponed reception but we have no idea when that’s going to happen. Maybe 2022, maybe 2023. Who knows when things will be normal again.
    Perks of wearing it twice are that you get to wear it twice (reason enough for me lol), you don’t have to spend more money on another outfit, you wear your dress for the part of your wedding that matters most - marrying your partner, you can take professional photos with your partner on your ceremony date to remember your real wedding day by rather than just a reception later.
    It’s also possible if you have to postpone your reception things may not pan out the way you hoped in the future and you may not get another chance to wear it. I know we’re all hoping for the best but priorities change and maybe in a year from now some of us will decide to skip the reception.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wear it twice!!! Not weird at all. We got married on our original date due to a last minute need to postpone; we ordered the most perfecf new attire 6 days out because we decided to save our wedding attire for the new date. However now, in all honesty, I'm regretting it because I'm rightfully nervous we will still be in lockdown (Ontario) for our new date. My fiance said we can have a plan C but we're so done with this stress of the unknown there likely won't be a plan D. It's not about the money (although with alterations my dress was over 3k), I just love my dress so much and want to wear it so badly 😭. If you love yours too... DO IT!
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say wear it twice!!!
  • Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That wouldn't be weird at all!! You spend good money on your dream dress, why not wear it twice? I'm sure your family would love to see you in it in person!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics