Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melinda
Devoted September 2017 Ontario

Wearing glasses?

Melinda, on March 1, 2017 at 15:50 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13

Pretty random question - is anyone planning to wear glasses on their wedding day? I have worn glasses most of my life and I have never worn contacts. I feel like I won't look like myself if I don't wear them on our wedding day. Anyone else planning to wear them? I suddenly just realized that I never see people wearing glasses in their wedding pictures.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2018 at 17:25
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Be yourself and wear glasses if your near sighted. Its not about how you should look, what makes you see better. What if you took your glasses off for the pictures?
  • April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will have both just in case
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear both glasses and contacts, mainly contacts when I'm at work or going out. I think wearing contacts for my day. You look beautiful wearing either one. Smiley smile
  • Tiffany
    Beginner July 2018 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm wearing my glasses on my wedding day and in my photos. They help make me me and I can't see without them lol. My sister wore her glasses on her wedding day. My only suggestion is make sure you get a great photographer who knows about shadow and lighting so they know how to minimize glare and other unwanted effects.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Melinda! That's such a great question! I'll try to find a few ideas for you! I'm glad you're choosing comfort Smiley smile Will you wear other accessories on your big day? Earrings, necklace? Smiley smile

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the input and support! Maybe I'll try taking a few pictures without my glasses, but ultimately, I think you guys are right and I will be most comfortable and feel like myself if I wear my glasses on the day Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've thought about this myself! I think I will wear contacts and change into my glasses later on in the reception if I need to!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH loves me without glasses (I wear pretty thick frames so it hides my eyes) so I'm going to hopefully find contacts that work for me. I have pretty bad astigmatism and it's very hard to find a brand that work well for my eyes. I've only been wearing glasses for half my life and like how I look with them both off and on. I'd love to not have to worry about contacts either but will end up with a splitting headache if I don't have something on.
  • Raphaela
    Frequent user June 2018 Alberta
    Raphaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I havent thought about this! I wear my glasses every single day.. I'm basically blind without them and I havent tried contacts little to expensive for us right now. I feel like its a no brainer for me to wear them on the wedding day, our photographer will just have to deal I guess. Plus FH says I look different with them off hahaha
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH will be wearing his glasses... I have glasses but my eyes are not that bad, so I don't wear them often... Go with what is comfortable for you, personally I hate contacts and never forget I'm wearing them... If there is glare from your glasses in the pictures your photographer should be able to get rid of it.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband wears glasses but about a year before the wedding, he decided to try contacts so now he wears both regularly. I definitely agree that glasses can feel like a part of your identity! He decided not to wear his glasses on our wedding day because it was a special occasion. He did wear them for our engagement pictures though! But I think it was easier the day of the wedding so he didn't have to worry about his glasses fogging up if he cried or having them fall down as he read his vows (I always have to push them up for him! Smiley tongue ) or having glare on them when taking pics with flash. (And he kept a little bottle of eye drops in his suit pocket for if his eyes got dry.) If you want to try contacts, this would be a great opportunity! I'd recommend getting them a few months before the wedding so that you get used to them and have practice wearing them. But if you feel more comfortable with glasses, go for it! I'm sure your photographer has experience working with people with glasses so they can help you so you don't end up with glare.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I dont need to wear my glasses all the time so I wont be wearing mine, but I think if they make you feel like yourself then wear them .. you want to be comfortable and beautiful in your own skin on that special day .. and I dont know about you but the thought of sticking something in my eye freaks me out .... i dont think i would want to put contacts in my eyeballs ... especially for my wedding too much could go wrong and knowing my luck it would lol

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do not have glasses but I have seen a few friends wedding pictures where they are wearing them and they look great! (I'd post, but can't really block out their faces for privacy if the whole point is to see something ON their face! lol)

I think if it's what you're comfortable with then do it! You will look beatuiful and be more comfortable

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics