Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Devoted December 2022 Yucatán

We Decided on a Destination Elopement!

Brittany, on July 6, 2021 at 10:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

I feel like a broken record.... But I figured I may as well say something.

After hankering down and doing some serious budgeting for over 30 places, we have decided to do a destination elopement. My fiance and I have a pretty small budget and after some calling around, getting prices and creating a large excel for all these prices/estimates; we have decided to call it day and just go with what we originally wanted - which was an elopement.

We budgeted for places all over Alberta and I just couldn't make it work. We have so many additional expenses (like paying for his mother to come to Alberta on top of all her accommodations and expenses) and I couldn't make myself want to spend that much when I would rather do something else with the money. I don't want to have a half-assed wedding, if I was doing it here. I had specific requirements to meet and I couldn't make it work. Even with cutting others, it still couldn't work. It does not help that numerous vendors and venues are charging extra for the coming years. Which I find is disgusting - and kind of turned me off on even wanting a wedding here.

So.... we are going to Mexico! We are doing it on our original anniversary. These places include absolutely everything: beach-side ceremony with officiant, licence & registration, arch, bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding party, hair & makeup for the bride, wedding cake, 4 course dinner, party that follows and of course tons for amenities for myself and my FH for having our wedding there. The only other thing I would have to get is the photographer. That's it. AND their prices are actually favorable compared to vendors here. With both of us staying 10 days, paying for his mom to come for 7 days and a photographer it comes to our max budget. No going over by $5,000 - $8,000 and I am so happy about it. The best thing is that every one we talked to so far that we considered the first ones to get to come have already said they will be there because everyone wants a vacation! It's great, honestly. And I don't have to stress about this anymore. We are ready to book when my fiance gets back!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 19, 2021 at 18:51
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The planning process does have many factors to consider. Destination is what made it easier for you two and having others to take a vacation at the same time does make the decision easier ever. Mexico has become popular for weddings and resorts around Cancun and other areas. Its great to know you two will have everything done as you want at the convenience of availability.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds perfect. I'm so happy you found what works.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re very much welcome!! 😊
    Oh I totally understand that. My fiancé and I put down on a house and we were close to just going to the court. But I really wanted our wedding to be blessed and have it small. So here we are, was tough to get him on board. It will workout eventually. However, It’s tough to have it small too, because you have to think about virtual part as some family really want to be apart of it too. Ugh.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am super pumped about it!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good for you! Mexico will be a lot of fun!!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Smiley smile I am so happy I am not worrying about this anymore either.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Smiley smile yeah - it had a lot to do with the fact that we want to buy a house within the next year. Which I find is a priority and same with my fiance.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh this is awesome to hear Brittany!

Especially since it does not cause you to stress nor to go over your budget. That’s totally amazing and I’m so happy for both of you. That will be an amazing wedding, honeymoon and vacation at the same time with close family members.
    Wishing you all the best in the finalization! Cheers 🥂
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

I totally understand where you're coming from and you don't want to compromise on your big day. It's a big decision that's finally taken care of and I'm glad that you aren't stressing about venues/dates anymore. Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's awesome. Glad you found something that works for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics