So a couple days ago, it has finally officially been said that spring weddings can't happen in BC, with more than 10 people. Part of me is glad that it's been said, so that we have clarity moving forward, but of course it stings to have my optimism proven wrong.
Now we are in the process of postponing at least the reception to next year. The problem for my FH and I is when to do the ceremony.
I had been adamant that I wanted to get legally married this May no matter what that looks like. Now that we are actually being put in that situation, we can't seem to agree on when to do it. He wants to postpone that as well for next year, as his parents are divorced and both remarried, so that would automatically be 4 people + my 2 parents and that's our 6 guests.
We are closer with our friends, but I can't imagine getting married without our parents, so I just want to do it now.
Neither of us are really budging right now, so who knows what we will be doing. I know that there has to be a compromise, but my heart has been set for months now.
Has anyone else had this disagreement with their partner? If so, what was the final decision?