Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marina
Beginner October 2021 British Columbia

We are postponing!

Marina, on August 6, 2020 at 17:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
We are officially moving our wedding date from October 31st, 2020 to October 9th, 2021 and I couldn’t be happier.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Tania, on August 19, 2020 at 12:31
  • Tania
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Tania ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very true! I honestly am super optimistic but it’s hard seeing opposite comments!
  • Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am trying to remain optimistic. I postponed mine to May 2021. We don't even know what is going to happen yet next week so I do not want to make life miserable for myself by being negative. I am looking at other countries who had it worse than us and they are allowing events up to 500 people and sometimes 1,000 even without vaccines ( such as some cities in Germany). So I don't think we will be kept in lockdown until next year. Maybe some measures such as hand-washing, mask recommendation etc during early 2021 until some sort of vaccine is rolled out but November 2021 is very far away. They were saying that the virus will burn out in January 2022 , with no vaccine in sight. I am cautiously optimistic we will have a vaccine.

• Tania
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Tania ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is November of 2021 and I’m starting to get nervous! How are you guys all feeling? I wasn’t nervous at all and it’s so far away but people online are being super negative.
  • Marina
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m glad to hear that you are also happy about your decision to postpone. It’s such a relief for me honestly and I am happy now to have the time to make it even better!
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear you had to postpone but so HAPPY to hear that you couldn't be happier Smiley smile

My fiance and I just made the decision to postpone our December 2020 wedding to December 2021 and we couldn't be any happier either!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its great to hear your happy about your new date given the chances to not get this year happen. The choice wasn't easy to make though the sacrifice is made on a safer decision.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yup! That is exactly how I felt as well. I wanted to have an enjoyable pre wedding experience.
  • Marina
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was definitely in denial about making the call to postpone but I am so happy I did. Now I can hopefully spend more time planning and enjoying all those “pre-wedding” moments.
  • Marina
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was exactly how I was feeling plus not wanting to put anybody at risk. I am also very hopeful for next year and in the case that things still aren’t great then it will just be what it is. I feel a lot of relief for making the call to postpone.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Fellow October bride! I feel you - I am so glad we postponed as well. This year was not going to work out at all.

Happy that you are ok with it!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Glad it worked out for you!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry that you have had to postpone but I'm very hopeful myself that next summer/fall will be a lot better than this year!

My fiance and I postponed our August 8 2020 wedding to August 7 2021 back in May and I'm so glad we did cause I would hate for most of our guests to miss out on our day because of travel restrictions and all these other restrictions for weddings and gatherings right now!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics