Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tradingabyss
Frequent user August 2018 Ontario

Wayfair for gift registry?

Tradingabyss, on January 8, 2018 at 02:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Im having a hard time figuring this out, I just shot them an email but they say it will take a few business days to get back to me. When I google gift registries in Canada wayfair keeps popping up in the results, however I can not find any options for registries on the Canadian site, only the American. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jen889, on January 10, 2018 at 23:01
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah, that's probably the difference. If you add an item from wayfair.ca it should be in Canadian funds. That being said, while adding the item, you can choose yourself candadian or us funds and set the price (ie: an item is on sale, myregistry will add the sale price, you can manually change it before adding to the registry). It's super simple! Check it out for yourself, it explains everything on the website.

I haven't received any gifts yet as we just made it and haven't sent the information to many people yet. BUT two people already purchased items, yay!
  • Tradingabyss
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just tried using their website I didn’t go through myregistry. That must be the difference... when you’re using my registry and selecting wayfair gifts does it say if the currency is in American? Does it give you the option to chose wayfair Canada? Have you received any of your gifts? Thanks!
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have. I had zero problem setting up my account with myregistry. Maybe try again and make sure it's on Canada for the country when signing up? It accepted my address right away
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of companies are like that including Amazon. You can make an Amazon wedding registry in the USA but not Canada.

• Tradingabyss
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried that but they want your address to send the gifts to in order to sign up for a registry and they won’t allow Canadian addresses. I’m so confused, have you done it?
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you keep having a hard time, open a registry with myregistry.com and add items from Wayfair to it. Super simple.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics