Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Claudia
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Waterproof lipstick!

Claudia, on July 23, 2018 at 07:59 Posted in Beauty 0 15
Hello! Just wondering if anyone knows a really good waterproof/ super long lasting, maybe even smudge proof Smiley winking lipstick for their big day! I don’t want to spend $40 on a lipstick so something below that budget wise. Thanks Smiley smile

15 Comments

Latest activity by Hermetic, on March 7, 2019 at 04:10
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I plan on using my Jeffree Star liquid lipstick for my wedding. It stayed on all day when FH and I went to the CNE through sweating, eating pizza and churros, singing, kissing and talking. It looked as if I had just put it on at the end of the day (12 hour wear time). It was actually still difficult to get off! Plus they’re only $18 and they don’t dry your lips out like every other liquid lipstick!
  • Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on using lipsense because it works well for me, but it is ridiculously expensive.. I love my Kat Von D everlasting kliquid lipsticks, they've been my go tos for years! If I'm feeling really hardcore I set them further with setting powder, but watch out doing this because eyour lips feel suuuper dry!!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick. I have it in 6 different shades. It's amazing. I wore it for my engagement photos last night... and after 4-5 hours of wear, and loooots of kisses, it was still perfectly in place! They also have a new line of matte liquid lipstick called "Les Chocolats"... they smell like chocolate and I will be getting a couple more colours from that as well.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use KVD Liquid Lipsticks and they hold in place really well! Rarely have I needed a touch up from it!

Also Anastasia Beverly Hills is AMAZING!! Highly recommend! Also less drying on the lips vs. KVD.

Sephora brand liquid lip is also great! I have not tested this one as much but I would 100% give it another shot!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know a few people here have said it byt Smashbox!! Iwear it for work because I very rarely have to reapply. Only if I’ve really eaten and even then sometimes I didn’t have to it depended on what I was eating. Ive tried their Metallic one too and that stayed pretty good and it’s not one of their designated ones.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Will do! I have their lipstick but was not impressed and I love their make up line it’s my fave mascara and the photo finish primer is great!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Try smashbox. and their liquid lip stain. apparently it is AMAZING.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have yet to try it. but on Sephora the best one is smashbox liquid lip. its a stain. and apparently stays on like crazy
    the Rhianna fenty lipstick stays on through a meal. downfall is that she has "fun" colours. not enough normal/everyday.

both brands are about 25

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have found that the best long wear lip sticks have been: stila (from shoppers $30), Kylie lip kits but that would be over budget since it’s US $ and Jeffree Star $25. I love that I can eat and drink and they still stay! Another nice one is NYX from shoppers the lingerie ones are nice.
    I’m going to Sephora tomorrow to look for another option for my wedding day if I don’t find one there I’m still happy with Stila from shoppers. I know what brands I like it’s just finding a shade now! Lol
    The cheapest one I’ve liked so far is from covergirl.

Waterproof lipstick! 1
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ok, my schooling is in stage costuming and makeup, and here's my biggest tip for anyone who wears lipstick, ever -

Use stage makeup setting powder.

Seriously - it's cheap (you can get a small container for about 8-15&dollarSmiley winking, you can use it on any of your cream lipsticks to turn them into all day lipsticks, it doesn't change the colour of the lipsticks, and it makes the lipstick non transfer lipstick. My favourite is Ben Nye setting powder. Basically, it absorbs the oils in the makeup, and sets it. I have eaten full meals with this trick and my lipstick lasted through it no problem. My fiancé hates the feel of lipstick so doesn't like kissing me - he now asks if I've used the setting powder because he doesn't feel the 'lipstick stickiness' when I do and will kiss me if I have!

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I purchased a Nude Lip kit from Sephora a few weeks ago just to try out some different brands/shades. (it's currently on sale, so it's $17 for 6 different nude shades). Maybe looking into a variety pack thingy like that might be a good option?

Alternatively, there's always peeps at Sephora who are there to help you make the best choice for you!
    If you're looking for all day, smudgeproof wear, I'd also recommend a lip stain.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Smashbox for sure! Talk to the staff at sephora Smiley smile
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Rimmell Stay Matte Liquid Lip Color. It lasted 8 hrs for me.
    NYX - LIQUID SUEDE CREAM LIPSTICK - Is another good one but not many shades of pink available.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree go to a Sephora and talk to one of the girls there and try some one. I love the Smashbox always on liquid matte lipstick (they also have some none matte finishes). And it’s only $28. I find it lasts all day on me and doesn’t come off while eating, drinking, kissing, etc.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sephora lip stains - closest thing I’ve used!! Also, if you use a lip primer before applying lipstick it will help!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics